POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Do you truly believe that Trump won’t step down peacefully if he loses the election?

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol explain how that applies to what Trump said. This should be fun.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm sorry, are you saying Trump hasn't often lied or misrepresented the truth?

Hell, he spreads misinformation on COVID damn near weekly. He lied and downplayed it for months.

He misrepresented mail in ballots just this week.

Or are you just saying that this latest stupid thing doesn't apply, so we'll just ignore all the rest?

It's the sum total of the man Indy, not just some random passing.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m saying you should apply what you just said (my previous words) to what Trump said and explain how it applies. Because I don’t think it does in this case.

Look, I think most, if not all politicians are full of shit - Trump included. I expect them to lie and to manipulate. Some might even say that it’s part of their job. I don’t like it, but it just kind of is what it is. More often than not with Trump, I think he’s just being a moron, rather than actually intentionally lying or deceiving. We can get into the COVID stuff if you want, though, again, both sides are full of it on that too.

We (citizens) shouldn’t be like that. We should seek truth and analyze facts. We shouldn’t be going out of our way to manipulate facts and details to push people towards outrage. I’m looking at a change.org petition for Breonna Taylor right now with over 10 million signatures that states that the cops were at the wrong house and were looking for the ex bf, who had already been arrested. They were at the right house, and they weren’t there for him. It’s just false information, and 10 MILLION people have signed it. Thats mind boggling to me.

Also, for the record, Trump already stated he’d step down peacefully a few months ago, but let’s keep the fake outrage going:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bu...bad-thing-country-if-lost-election-2020-6?amp

5. fl0at_

Your words apply to Trump because Trump lies and spreads misinformation.

Morons spread misinformation. You're not applying your own words, YOUR own words.

And your reasoning for not doing so is your attempt to justify your inability to apply your own words to yourself.

It's a blanket. I hope it keeps you warm.

And for the record, when Trump says something that contradicts something Trump previously said, it's hard to trust that any of it is correct.

Oh wait, that's also what you were saying.

Guess it does apply. In this case.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I’m not gonna play these bs games with you.

What lie or misinformation did Trump spread with his recent response to being asked if he would leave office if he loses? None? Okay, cool.

Politicians and citizens are not the same. If I start pointing out every example of politicians lying or perpetuating false information, I’ll be doing nothing but that. No thanks. I think the general populace doing that stuff is more dangerous, anyway, so I’ll stick to that.

Trump didn’t contradict anything. He never answered the question. He didn’t say he wasn’t going to leave office. That would be a contradiction, but he didn’t say that. And if he’s already said he will leave peacefully, why the [uck fay] are you bothering to ask him again?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've heard so many times about where the line is and what the line is that won't be crossed. Must be a dozen lines back there already crossed. It just gets normalized. Simultaneously, he is praised because he says it like it is and says what he means, AND he shouldn't be taken seriously because that's just how he talks and is... It is not both. It is surely not correct that the POTUS should not be taken seriously.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Looks like a good plan. Imo

VolDad likes this.
  11. fl0at_

I’m interested in the facts. So when I see people lying or perpetuating incorrect information, I’m going to point it out, regardless of what side it comes from.

Saying nothing or saying something different creates misinformation. All he had to do was say the same thing--he didn't, in order to create misinformation. So, again, there ya go. Yup. He did it. Cool.

Politicians and citizens are the same. They aren't special classes. They are our representatives in government, and are meant to be held to the same standard.

Because he is contradictory, spreads misinformation and is inconsistent--people like this, you have to ask the same question over and over again. Because who knows what is true today.

12. fl0at_

That's goals. A plan is how you accomplish the goals. It's the how, when you ask 'how' after a question. There are like two or three plans in there.

This is a goal: "Grow minority owned businesses with additional tax cuts to stimulate hiring and investment"
    This is a plan: "Seek infrastructure funding that will lead to wide-spread growth in the annual $500B federal contracting opportunities."
    This is just a lie: "Prosecute the KKK and ANTIFA as terrorist organizations and make lynching a national hate crime."

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I really like the creating 500,000 new black owned businesses. Good plan.

14. fl0at_

Goal.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Will be interesting to see if this plan gives him a bump in the poles.

16. fl0at_

Oh, I'm sure the people that can't easily tell the difference between a plan and a goal love it.

Small minds are easily satisfied.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Alan's Four Year Plan:

1) Make a million dollars
    2) Have sex every day.
    3) End World Hunger. you know, for the kids.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

which parts do you like the most?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

wonder if giving funding to black mosques will happen, and if not how that will be constitutional to then do so for churches? and what does it mean to give federal funds to churches?

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

500,000 new black owned businesses. I would like to see more but that's a good start.

VolDad likes this.