POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And he has shown countless times that his random babblings aren't really meant to be taken seriously. Yet every time he says something stupid like this, everybody loses their minds.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

His job is as serious as it gets. We're not supposed to just accept stupidity in it, no matter how many times stupid happens.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I disagree. I don't understand how you can not think what the President says is important. He is the face of our country, for better or worse, and if he is up there saying a bunch if asinine things, and not just flubs, but honest to god statements that run counter to everything this country stands for, I say yeah, it is pretty damn important.

If he were sincere and accepted that he messes up from time to time, that would be one thing, but he doesn't.

I am honestly dumbfounded by what you are saying and cannot comprehend holding that position.

4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I find the dem position less hypocritical. Once the republicans did what they did in 2016, it changed the playing field. Once that action was taken by the Rs, it needs to be repeated by the dems (if they could). However, they didn’t eek out the majority in 18 and they don’t have that power. The court will move significantly to the right.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

What has he said he would try to do, that he did not end up trying to do?

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

How about Senators Obama, Biden, etc warning Bush not to consider filling a vacancy should one open up because it is was election year?

Then 2016, we must fill.

Then Now; we must not fill

7. fl0at_

Should is the same as did? Wow man. Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch that consistency position.

8. fl0at_

It'd be easier to ask him why Indy from Facebook page that went on diatribe about facts and believing people... doesn't agree with Indy about same when it comes to presidents.

9. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Not the "consistency" position but the "hypocrisy" position.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

didn't you also just as much demonstrate the hypocrisy of the other side too?

11. fl0at_

Hypocrisy is saying one thing doing another. There was no option to vote or nominate at the close of Bush's term, so there was no "doing," so there was no hypocrisy.

The hypocrisy at the moment, is on the republican side, because they DIDN'T vote on a nomination in 2016. Consistency would not be doing it again. If they do vote in 2020, then they are inconsistent, and hypocrites.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Have the Democrats not filled in an election year and then done it the next election year? Positioning is one thing. Actions another. I understand 2016 was about Scalia’s seat and letting a Democrat fill it. So the resistance to fill the seat made sense to me even though. But once the same players successfully held off such a flip in ‘16 to then execute a flip in the opposite direction in ‘20 is something I hope they gave electoral consequences for.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

No doubt. Never said both sides are not Hypocrites. Both sides shit stinks despite and inference that Democrat shit does not stink as much.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. fl0at_

That's not the inference. Least not any one you should objectively consider as valid.

The method should be go by instance to instance, not instance to the whole.

Republicans are objectively in the wrong here. Not because of something Democrat said, but because of something Republicans did.

There action in confirming here is legal, sound politics. And it's inconsistent hypocrisy that just ADDs to the whole of inconsistent hypocrisy.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Your desire for a "presidential" POTUS is well documented on here. I get it. But Trump has never been that guy and will never be that guy, when it comes to these sort of things. You'll be much better off if you just accept that.

And I'm not even saying that I don't think what he says is important. I wish he would stop saying stupid shit like that too. But I agree with Ben Shapiro's take on Trump's ramblings. A reporter could ask Trump something completely random like "Are you planning to drop a million tons of ice in the Arctic Ocean to combat global warming?" And he would probably respond "Well, we are looking at that option... a lot of people think it's a really good idea... I think it could work. You have a globe, and it's getting warmer... what better way to cool off than adding a bunch of ice? Maybe we will do 2 million tons of ice. We might do that.

He just talks. Whether we want him to be serious or not, sometimes he just rambles. So the fact that people still get this bent out of shape over it is just hilarious to me. If anyone honestly believes that Trump won't give up power if he loses the election, they're kidding themselves.

You don't really have much of a choice but to accept it for another couple months. You can't point out stupidity without taking it super seriously and melting down over it, like the media has done with this response.

And there's also a difference between actions and words. Trump's ramblings suggest to me he doesn't take his interactions with the media particularly seriously. The man probably figures they're going to twist his words and [itch bay] about him no matter what he says. That doesn't mean he's not taking the job/his actions in the job seriously. He's been getting a lot of positive shit done lately.

16. fl0at_

If you are lying or perpetuating incorrect information, I (like many) don’t trust you. It makes it seem that you’re more interested in creating false outrage, so the change you’re supposedly legitimately interested in promoting falls on deaf ears.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Announced tonight in Atlanta. The Platinum Plan for Black Americans...

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, he's not going to read that, it's too long.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Accepting and being ok with something are completely different things.

I accept he is a rambling gas bag that doesn't have the ability to say "I don't know let me check on that."

I don't have to be ok with it or just roll with it.

That is a weak stance.

"Well, that's just Jim, he likes to comment on the ladies' cleavage at work. To them."

I accept Jim is a harassing neanderthal. I don't have to be OK with it or not call him out on it.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"