POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

The reporter should have opened with that anyway. If you do not win the election, will you commit....

Indy, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I would like to think that anyone that went against the results of the election would be impeached and removed from office.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

post-haste.

4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

no

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bush got Wall Street. Chrysler and GM were Obama.

warhammer likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

Yeah, even by Trump's standards, if that answer doesn't make you at least raise your eyebrows then you need to look in the mirror.

VolDad and TennTradition like this.
  7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

that’s why he reacted the way he did because it implied he lost.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

And the govt made billions on the Wall Street bailouts. Obama handed gm to the unions by screwing the bond holders and directly violating bankruptcy laws.

9. CardinalVol

I did appreciate Biden's response when asked about it -

“What country are we in?” Biden asked incredulously, adding: “I’m being facetious. Look, he says the most irrational things. I don’t know what to say about it. But it doesn’t surprise me.”

NorrisAlan likes this.
  10. TennTradition

When Trump visited the Supreme Court today to “pay respects” (I’m not trying to be a [penis]....but we know he doesn’t give a shit) he was met with boos and chants of “vote him” out and “honor her wish.”

I’m fine if they want to chant vote him out.

But I’m not on board with this honor her wish stuff. She doesn’t get to choose that. Her wish is irrelevant to the process.

Given that a move was made to maintain the balance of the court in 2016 by the same president/senate leadership, I do think they need to face electoral consequences for not respecting that same balance in 2020. Clearly the goal was not balance but power (we knew that). So their moves now are expected. But honor her wish isn’t valid. Vote them out.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Indy likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So trump was happy when she died?
    Geezus

12. TennTradition

He knew she wasn't going to live forever, so I think it was more about business than emotions. He wasn't sad - I know that. I have no idea if he was happy. It's possible, but I'm not saying that. What I am saying is I do not believe he respected her. I don't think he really gave a shit about her. That doesn't mean he hated her either.

13. CardinalVol

One of those things - he goes and people get mad because they all realize he doesn't care. He doesn't go and people get mad because POTUS didn't pay respects.

I do think it's incredibly tacky for them to be chanting that at that time.

Nor do I think that was her dying wish.

14. TennTradition

The original reporting was that she dictated that to her granddaughter in her finals days. Do I believe that? Sure she could have said that.

Do I think it was her last words and dying wish - doubtful.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Even if it was her dying wish I’m not sure why we should give a shit.

16. TennTradition

Well that was my point above in my original post about it.

droski likes this.
  17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

18. NorrisAlan

Good luck with that. This is just stupid posturing on their part (whoever it is that is thinking of bringing this bill to the floor).

I am pretty sure it would require an Amendment to the US Constitution and not just a law.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not sure why people pay attention to much of anything that Trump says. He's just kinda rambled and spewed nonsense for most of his presidency.

The funny part about replacing RBG is that the hypocrisy is equal on the other side. Queue the video of all the Democrats in 2016 saying they needed to vote and fill the seat. Now they're on the other end, and suddenly we should be waiting. It's the same hypocrisy on both sides.

20. NorrisAlan

Because he is the President of the United States of America.