POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

He says, and I quote, "Please see my statement below regarding 2020." The thing is, there is no statement below, its above. You guys want this idiot representing you as the president?

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No?

emainvol and IP like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

My immediate reaction to reading his statement:

But then after reflection, this feels like when a 7 or 8 year old pretends not to want something to trick their friend into letting them have it. He wants people to tell him, "No! You should run." And it's a big country, probably someone will.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

VP for Clinton. Imo

5. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Decal Patrick has said he will not run in 2020 due to the ‘cruelty’ of the process.

I do think he was going to be able to get momentum for the nomination anyway. But, I think he is legit one of the good guys.

I listened to his Axe Files podcast and became fairly convinced he wouldn’t run. I think his family needs him closer to home and he really enjoys this social investing group he is running at Baine.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don't understand what Harrison Ford is saying.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Who gives a shit?"

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Watch for John Hickenlooper, too.

Castro would be better off not bothering.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'll vote for Hickenlooper because "President Hickenlooper".

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

IP should be able to fill in on the governor of Colorado. I also like Jay Inslee of Washington. They both are better than the usual suspects, Warren, Biden, Booker, Gillenbrand, etc.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Some saying the DNC might be looking at a brokered convention. I take it with a grain of salt, but right now there's no shoo-in. Still think that makes Hillary all the more possible.

13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Not time for a white guy...

14. NorrisAlan

What an insulting question.

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Get ready for an overdose of healthcare focus after the conservative activist judge's overreach in striking down a law after it has already been upheld by the SCOTUS. Twice. And it's a pure winner. It will actually give more steam to a Medicare for all program. And that's the glorious part of the judge's overreach.

If I were a member of the House, I'd pass bills, daily, reinstating/strengthening/expanding healthcare coverage for Americans. I'd make the Senate show their true colors forcing them to vote every one of them down. If you thought the Republican effort to kill Obamacare was a bit of futile redundancy in 2013-2016, you'd think you were stuck in a repeating time loop in the space/time continuum with all the healthcare bills I pushed through the House.

Turns out, people actually like being able to get health insurance. They like no lifetime caps. They like equal pricing for women. They like coverage for pre-existing conditions. They might say they hate Obamacare, but they sure do love the ACA.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am not a big Hickenlooper fan. He's susceptible to being paid off by corporate interests. He isn't strong enough on climate change. He's a 90's democrat, and we need a new thing.

17. NorrisAlan

Yeah, but...

President Hickenlooper.

He would need Ned Hornswoggle to be his VP.

18. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Just pick someone who can generate real excitement and who most of the country doesn’t already hate. This should be easy, but they’ll make it look hard.

justingroves likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

And for all that is Holy, don't run "I am not Trump".

Run for something, not against Trump. You would win in a landslide.

tvolsfan likes this.
  20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Fixed