POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Boy, Mike Pence sure does like to try to put words in Kamala Harris’ mouth in true-to-Pence holier-than-thou fashion.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

most if his environmental and fracking lies about Biden/Harris have me like, "God, I wish!"

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

a fly of pestilence landed on pence's head.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Indy likes this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol wonder how long the mouse was hovering over the “send” button.

Is that what Twitter has? A send button?

zehr27 likes this.
  6. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

in the democratic party, they have a thing called a "platform" in which they lay out their specific positions. check it out. demand the other party also have a "platform."

Ask TT, he is in energy including natural gas. I bet he knows if a candidate is running on banning fracking.

I wish they were, believe me.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is her platform banning fracking? It's hard to tell.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

it is the party platform, biden platform, not the Harris platform. she's not the top of the ticket. you know how it works.

11. TennTradition

Where’s Biden in that clip? Maybe he was in Pittsburgh giving a speech where he said he wasn’t going to ban fracking.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What happens if Joe croaks?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

well I would think, much to my disappointment, the platform stands for the term. that is how I would do it, as a matter of honesty and fairness.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

15. TennTradition

Tte platform stands as long as the politics demand it does. And right now they do. For good reason. Ban fracking today and coal is back tomorrow. Ban coal and get ready to buy some kerosene lanterns. We can’t deliver reliable power today without natural gas and we cannot meet our natural gas demand without fracking. Jobs aside - and that’s a big deal - low energy prices are key to economic growth.

Kamala Harris was asked if she would ban fracking on federal land in that clip. She said yes. Joe has said he would not - and that would obviously also extend to privately held lands.

With all of that said, natural gas is a good bridge. It isn’t going away anytime soon, but our reliance on it to deliver cheap and cleaner energy will wane as a renewable-heavy grid becomes more feasible. Fosssil fuels are going to become less and less important. First with oil, then ultimately with gas (but this will be slower because gas is likely to still be needed in the grid).

OK...off my soapbox.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

we've had this conversation. I want its final days numbered. I understand you think this is not practically possible. I see it like a moon shot.

17. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Other than the fly, did I miss anything important last night?

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

nothing at all.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It's a VP debate. What is there to miss?