POLITICS 2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Nov 7, 2018.

1. cpninja

cpninja Member

[​IMG]

gcbvol and TennTradition like this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Alonzo Mourning dot gif

Tenacious D likes this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This the same Trump who rolled back transgender protections and banned them from the military? This same Trump who allows for tax funded adoption organizations to discriminate against gay couples? This same Trump administration which argued in front of the Supreme Court gay rights are not protected civil rights?

I guess he's just pro-gay because he said he didn't care about gay marriage because it's "settled". This after previously saying he would put justices on the court to overturn Obergefell. This was in 2016.

I don't think he would be considered an advocate for anything gay related which didn't already exist prior to him coming to office. In fact, he's chipped away at advances other people put into place.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Sorry, is Trump not the most pro-gay president, ever?

Is that not a factually and empirically correct statement, or not?

You may not like it, but it’s the inarguable truth.

5. Tenacious D

Of course Teets Up TennTra likes it.

He’s going to have to head up a couple more self-flagellation groups in Little Tijuana tomorrow to make amends.

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

You’re winning tonight, TD. Look out below...

7. Tenacious D

LOL, I was proud of that one.

8. Tenacious D

You’re such an incredibly smart dude, Teets Out.

We’re just havin’ fun here. It’s a good time.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Again, what pro-gay policies has Trump put into place which were not put into place by someone else prior to his tenure?

10. TennTradition

I don’t even know what this is.

Faux compliment, slap hand on back, you’re part of the team, now let me make some more distasteful jokes?

11. Tenacious D

Perfect.

You’re bonafide smart, man. So much so that I bet you never struggle in under-thinking anything.

But I also think you spend an inordinate amount of time in worrying about things of secondary or tertiary importance - but sometimes, just outright stupid shit, too.

Usually, to congratulate yourself for some fake award, ostensibly, to feel better about yourself.

All of the ol’ moved-to-Houston-for-diversity horseshit is probably peak silliness, particularly for such a smart cat, IMO. It’s my favorite, tbh.

It doesn’t have to be blood and guts, Teets Out. In fact, I much prefer, think it more productive and believe it to be just plain better when it isn’t.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pete would be a much better candidate than Joe. Imo

justingroves, VolDad and gcbvol like this.
  13. TennTradition

I’ll comment on these two.

-You’ll nite I didn’t move here for it - I said we found it here and liked it. There are a number of things we don’t like, but that isn’t one.

-I’m just not smart enough to figure out this last paragraph, you’ll have to help me out. Do you mean ‘don’t be so serious, man.’

I’ll add that it’s illuminating that you would equate what I described as self-flagellation. As if it were inflicting pain as a mean of penance. Because that’s how you see it, I’m sure. Pain to replace the guilt or something. And that having unconscious bias thrown in your face is actually painful. You completely miss that the motivations I described as selfish are instead is placing oneself in environments that challenge previous understanding. Seeking and environment that challenges that growth is no different than when I’ve done it academically, professionally, etc.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol at TT congratulating himself for fake awards. that one seems like a wild punch thrown in with no chance of connecting. TT strikes me as very humble given what I little I know of him.

tenny's just phoning this heel routine in.

15. cpninja

cpninja Member

I posted the reason gay people likely wont be supporting Trump.

16. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

+1

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

only casuals think biden would be better. but most people are casuals.

18. Tenacious D

Look, Teets Out....

Didn’t you say that you like your biases to be “blasted in my (your) face”? Is that painful? Do they have dictionaries in Little Tijuana? Can you find the section of words that begin with “F”?

I didn’t “miss” your motivations, at all. I just found them to be entirely silly, and mockingly dismissed them, outright.

Judging by this response, it’s clear that you relish and seek to be challenged by a diversity of opinion.

Is this sufficiently painful? It feels like it should be.

But then, I don’t live in Houston, Texas, and can’t enjoy the benefit of its Athenian-like enlightenment. So, I may not be able to comprehend the depth and breadth of my own ignorant bias, but will instead trust that to those like you - the Enlightened Gnostics - will continue to point them out to me, as they occur.

As you know, and has been well-proven...like Trump, I mightily struggle in the absence of receiving the constant approval of others.

19. Tenacious D

Trump will annihilate Joe Biden.

You better get a ticket of Warren & Sanders to even have a prayer - and even that’s your best shot, and which is equal parts unlikely and remote.

In summary: Trump will annihilate Joe Biden.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Biden has a better chance than those two because he’s moderate even though he will come off as a senile old man

gcbvol likes this.