2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It was added to the NCAA website about two weeks ago that he signed

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And Hardy was tweeting yesterday that he hasnt?

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Give me guys like Henry T, let guys like hardy go to auburn.

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes

5. Ssmiff

His parents or advisor needs help.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Why doesn’t someone do a thirty second search on an online database?

The guy that posted the screenshot was saying the day after early signing day that Hardy had signed with Auburn. Some random internet poster was a month ahead of our athletic department. That’s an embarrassment from Phil Fulmer down to the guy scrubbing the troughs in Neyland.

utvol0427 likes this.
  7. Ssmiff

Not really seeing anybody else taking that route kpt. There is no reason to not believe what a recruit says as far as signing and I doubt someone in programs is checking to see how many recruits are lying to them about not signing. This is all on Hardy and his advisors for lying to people. Pointing blame in the wrong direction imo.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

It’s not all on Hardy if a simple database search was really all that was needed.

9. Ssmiff

Come on what? All he has to do is tell the truth. How tf you put that on somebody else is beyond me.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

No. They’re supposed to be checking. They checked it ONCE basically the night of the early signing period. Others schools are checking it.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He already lied to the staff once. You said that.

You tell me what you’d do in that situation. Waste valuable time recruiting a kid you can’t possibly take and by rule aren’t even supposed to talk to based on the word of a known liar... or perform the equivalent of a Google search.

chavisut likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Give me another example of a recruit lying about signing in the last 2 decades.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They lie about recruiting stuff all the time. I think Rakim Jarrett lied about this year.

These guys get their asses kissed for months or even years and then feel kind of crappy about leaving the kissers high and dry so they just kind of lead them on and ghost them rather than have the awkward conversation.

14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Staff can’t do any wrong.....until they’re gone.

Memtownvol, justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  15. Ssmiff

I woulda dumped the kid after the first issue.
    This may set a precedent though. I 100% do not think programs have someone checking to see if kids are lying about a NLI, but will now.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Check out Trey Wallace’s periscope last night. He had a PAC 12 school official have this exact scenario with a kid who had signed with a big 10 school. They were about to do an in home visit but they did what our AD should’ve done and checked the db. The kid still lied about it when they asked if he signed anywhere.

You should be checking this every few days regardless of what type of kid you’re recruiting just to keep tabs on any prospect that may be remotely on your list after early signing day.

InVolNerable likes this.
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think you underestimate the resources of SEC athletic departments. We have a zillion ADs. A compliance department. A billion ancillary staff. Telling someone, “Hey, make sure you check the database for these guys” *hands list of like ten names (that’s about it for number of guys we are still recruiting for 2020)* and let me know if any of them come off the board.”

Some dude sips his coffee and before he’s halfway done with his cup the task is completed. This is something that shouldn’t take five minutes and we have an army of people that could do it. You’re acting like Pruitt would have to walk to Indianapolis and pay $2 million for this information.

18. Ssmiff

Yeah I support the staff in this situation vs Hardy and his team.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That’s it. If you think a search engine shouldn’t ’t be too advanced for your head coach, you support Auburn.

20. Ssmiff

Yet this has never been brought up before on any site or anywhere I've seen by anybody. Not once that I recall.