2020 recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by justingroves, Dec 21, 2018.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

All but Eric Gray and Trey Knox appear to be redshirting from the 2019 class

OneForVol likes this.
  2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I’m not stuck on Tennessee kids, either way, I guess. I don’t think that they should have any particular status just because they are from Tennessee - good or bad.

I want the tip-top best / most elite we can possibly get and don’t care one whit where they come from. You’ll often hear me gripe about people saying we should be “taking more Tennessee kids!” because that’s what you’ll almost exclusively hear, but I’d be just as quick to reject an argument that we shouldn’t take a kid because he was from Tennessee, it’s just that you rarely hear anyone arguing that.

I could watch film for days on days and I wouldn’t know much beyond “he’s big” “that dude’s fast”, etc.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

TAMU had a good safety from TN a little while back.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

My only expectation is that when we want guys from TN, we land the vast majority of them.

justingroves likes this.
  5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Agreed.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Darnell Washington is going to sign on Wednesday, but wants to keep it secret and announce at the Under Armor All-American game in January. No way he can keep the secret that long. The schools he doesn't pick will let it leak.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Need to hang onto Morven Joseph, land Tyler Barron, maybe even grab one more edge guy if available.

Get Lenneth Whitehead.

Get Darnell Washington.

Maybe get that Jimmy Holiday guy. That would be a solid finish.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Dawg imo

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think we get Washington. He's been to Knoxville 6 times and Niedermeyer is his recruiter and position coach.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah and I think the DT they're signing, Dallas Walker, is going to be a good one in time.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If it isn't UGA, those jackasses will leak where he's going

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Throw in Reginald Perry too

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Then hopefully linebacker and and exterior DL is pretty solid for the next little bit. Need a couple good RBs next year, and some more WRs. Probably time to start adding some more OTs, too.

Aren't we supposed to be in good shape with a really good QB for next year? Also the state of TN actually has a decent QB recruit out west somewhere, as I recall.

14. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Holy Hell. I totally forgot about Maliek Gray.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Bat .500 in Memphis and lock down the rest of the state and I'll be content. I'm still genuinely amazed at the number of Memphis kids in this class.

16. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Knowing what I know about Washington, I will be very surprised if he doesn't sign with us.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

IMG_20191023_083353.jpg

PilotFlyingJ and Unimane like this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's two running backs, Cody Brown and Trenton Adkins, for 2021 that are all in on Tennessee. We'll see, but both are high end guys.

There's two in state tight ends that are highly rated and Junior Colson, out of Nashville, is one of the best linebackers in the country

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I could have sworn I saw something about a top 100 QB in the 2021 class being high on UT a few weeks ago.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

it seems hard to compare past eras to the present in terms of where guys "should" come from. Mid state talent is trending up, and any school can recruit nationally now.