2021 season thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 11, 2021.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Vols by all the points.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We gonna kick they azz

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I know it's kentucky but this is an early ( as in tenure of being HC at Tennessee) big win for CH. Next week may get ugly, but I'm about ready to claim my spot on the Huep train.

8. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Yeah I don’t discount it because it’s KY. It’s the first pickem/underdog game we won. Our def played below expectations and we won. It’s the first game this season I think CJH actually won. Meaning the other wins were bad teams. Solid win. And it makes next week worth hoping for.

I am disappointed in the margin but we won. Hit the portal

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

We're staring at 7-5. You seem to be suggesting you think we would be no worse than 6-6 with any ole coach. I don't that is the case, with this roster.

lylsmorr likes this.
  10. TDVol1989

well I do. I think most any prior coach is 6-6 with this schedule. Style points excluded I think this is the first net win for CJH. Doesn’t mean I don’t see a better product. Just means that 7-5 is much better than 6-6.

And I think our prior coaches get 6-6 vs this competition. Disagree? It’s ok. This was an important win in my opinion.

11. TDVol1989

Which game would another coach have lost? With this roster.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Pruitt could have easily lost to Missouri and South Carolina

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The last guy lost to Georgia State, so even South Alabama isn't off the table. And I think he wasn't as bad as the guy before that who could lose to anybody while having a roster littered with NFL players

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Listen, Heupel has done a good job. But there is a ceiling to what this program is and even it's potential under this staff.

15. TDVol1989

Have we played S AL yet? It’s ok. We can disagree. But we beat BGSU, Tenn Tech, THIS Mizzou team and THIS USC team before tonight. This team, this year, this schedule is what I am speaking of.

16. TDVol1989

This year? I don’t think so. But possibly you misunderstand my point. From purely a record standpoint, THIS season I think this was Heupel’s only difference maker win. And it’s important.

17. TDVol1989

Pruitt was the worst. I was looking for a win generated by the coach. This was it

18. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

With this roster and last year's staff, I have very little confidence we are looking at a 6-6 record right now.

Memtownvol and lylsmorr like this.
  19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Maybe. But the days where we can do conventional stuff and win are probably over. We’ve tried the Bama Lite route and we couldn’t even be the store brand of them.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

The last three staffs, with this roster, get rocked by Kentucky and drop at least one of the Missouri and South Carolina games. I’m not saying Heupel IS the truth, but he’s the first guy in more than a decade that I think might be

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021