2022 NCAA Tournament Seeding thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by IP, Mar 13, 2022.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Of course Pearl as a Fuddruckers owner had me laughing too

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m a fan of Jeff Capel, rental car bus driver at the airport

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Auburn’s path is cake. I think our path to the elite eight is not too far off Kentucky’s—their 7 and 10 seeds are arguably better than our 6 and 11, and Purdue is at least in the conversation with Villanova. But Kentucky got the weakest one-seed for sure.

IP likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree with the 7/10 vs 6/11 comment, but I'd much rather play Purdue over Villanova. Would prefer Baylor over Arizona as well, but you gotta cut the giant's head off at some point. Might as well be in the Elite 8.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Here's the real question - who's picking the Vols to win it all? I'm not talking about filling out 5 brackets and you take the Vols in the 5th one.

I'm asking who is filling out one bracket and taking the Vols, or picking the Vols in their "main" bracket?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Me.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

My FF is Arkansas, UCLA, Tennessee, Kansas. I only do one bracket.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Balls of steel.

I think I'm planning to join you. Haven't even really looked at the bracket yet, but I legitimately think we have as good a chance as anyone at winning the whole damn thing. The only thing that truly concerns me is Barnes and the tournament. He's just been too bad too frequently for it to be coincidence. But we have so many things working in our favor this season that I think we can overcome it.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Arkansas is the only one that stands out to me as a bit odd from that group. They're in with Duke, TTU, and Gonzaga, right? I don't worry about Duke, but TTU and Gonzaga would make me nervous for that pick.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I got Zags, UCLA, Tennessee, and Iowa in the Final Four with the good guys beat the zags to take home the hardware. I also only do 1 bracket.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

For anyone worried about Michigan, I just read that they haven't won consecutive games since late January.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Michigan’s PG is out tomorrow due to concussion. Didn’t travel with team but possibility he could be back for Saturday game.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Circular logic right now on ESPN 2. Why is San Francisco good? The WCC got 3 teams in the tournament. Why did WCC get 3 teams in? Because Gonzaga is good and St Mary's beat them so the next best team must be good too.

Let's take a look at San Francisco's season. Best win? UAB. UAB's best win? split with North Texas. North Texas? Oh, they're in the NIT. So San Francisco's best win's best win is in the NIT.

But WCC is a great conference so TAMU who has like 5 wins against NCAA tournament teams stays home while San Francisco gets an at-large. Okay.

IT MAKES NO SENSE.

InVolNerable and A-Smith like this.
  14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

San Francisco’s computer numbers look great—they’re on par with Arkansas. Probably because nobody except Gonzaga has beaten them by more than five points all year. I guess the UAB win is solid and the Davidson win is probably their best. It’s hard to compare mid-majors to teams in strong conferences though. But Rutgers, or Michigan? We can make those comparisons.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve heard some people who watch a lot of ball say San Francisco is pretty good fwiw

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

IP gonna be whooping and joining the A&M cult here before long.

justingroves and A-Smith like this.
  17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

They’re solid. Really tough matchup for Murray. I’ll lean towards Murray because of how well that they’ve played all year, but wouldn’t be surprised at all if San Francisco wins.

18. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

18 out of the past 20 years, a one or two seed has failed to make it out of the first weekend. Honestly there’s about 4 or 5 strong candidates to continue that trend this year.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Vols were too smart to fall into that 1-2 trap

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

And actually seven out of the previous ten years a one seed has failed to advance past the second round.