2022 SEC tournament predictions

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by IP, Mar 8, 2022.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He saves his job because Mizzou contractually can’t fire him without cause until May 1.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They might be dumber than we are

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Or what?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A&M giving Auburn a run for their money.

Auburn might just be overrated. The record is what it is, but their SEC schedule was about as easy as they could have hoped for.

IP likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They were about 20 seconds from several more losses

utvol0427 likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They kind of remind me of when a new sales rep gets hired into a territory that is already set up to thrive for a year or two. They come into the territory, and they look amazing because stuff is closing left and right. Then you get to the end of year 2 or into year 3 (end of season/tournament time), and, suddenly, they aren't closing anything and don't look as good anymore.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Wtf?

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

When the territory is set up to thrive, you can hire any number of salespeople, and they will all enjoy success for that 1-2 year period where the territory is set up well.

Similarly, Auburn's schedule was set up for the team to thrive. You could plug any number of teams (UT, UK, Arkansas, etc.) into that schedule, and those teams would all have likely enjoyed the same success Auburn has during the regular season.

A-Smith likes this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Oh, ok I see. A little strained but we’ll give you partial credit.

justingroves likes this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not watching the game, so I could just be making assumptions, but the play-by-play is looking shady af right now.

Up by 17, A&M turnover. Auburn cuts it to 15. A&M offensive foul. Auburn cuts it to 12. A&M offensive foul. Auburn cuts it to 10.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

?

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can't tell if seriously asking for an explanation or just talking shit.

I've explained the comparison well enough. If you still don't get it, that's a you thing.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Again, not watching, but the box score looks shady:

upload_2022-3-11_14-1-43.png

The lead should not be under 10 points when you're outrebounding your opponent and shooting 50% from 3, while your opponent is shooting 28% from the field and 21% from 3.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

Green keeps making billshit 3’s.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Good. [uck fay] Auburn.

But I guess [uck fay] us too for not losing to Arkansas and getting the easiest path to the finals.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You know what, in that universe I think Auburn would win this game

utvol0427 and IP like this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You're probably right.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, Auburn isn't any better than Tennessee, Kentucky, or Arkansas. That regular season "title" has an asterisk, imo.

19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Setting up perfectly for Kentucky to waltz to the title*.

*or for us to win a hard-fought rivalry showdown tomorrow and then get absolutely hammered by Arkansas or LSU on Sunday. These are the only two remaining scenarios.

justingroves, utvol0427 and A-Smith like this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Braves won baseball. Rams and Georgia won football. Maybe a new era could spill into SEC basketball as well.

Tar Volon likes this.