21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Had 1 defender to guard 2 players and the defender stayed on vescovi. Chandler coulda been in instead of Bailey but we went with the 5 that made the comeback. Powell hadn't taken one shot all night so it's tough to put a player in to take the last shot in that situation imo.
    It's crazy how aggressive and confident teams can play and shoot during a comeback.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Just rewatched the "foul" on JJJ before our last shot. Didn't even touch him. Garbage call. I don't blame the refs for this loss-especially considering that we have seen far worse officated games in recent memory- but damn it would be wonderful to live in a world where college basketball refs don't consistently screw things up late in the game.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Just watched the replay. Vescovi was open in the right corner if JJJ gets off a clean pass to him with a little hesitation. Vescovi’s man left him pretty much as soon as James got the pass.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I don't think you can really expect to go around the horn from 6 seconds under their basket. Although as it turned out, there would have been time for the extra pass. But if there wasn't, dumbass of the century. Take the open look.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. KyleAlexanderfan

He definitely had time. It was just 1 pass over.

Just saw this. Would've been a shitty way to win but you probably have to call this foul if you see it.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Holy shit, watch #30 on Nkamhoua on the final play. Infuriating.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could not see contact at all, either. I think it was a "looked like" kind of whistle, but it wasn't.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like that could have been reviewed as a possible technical?

10. Ssmiff

That's actually a flagrant

11. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Santi hadn’t made one all night. If JJJ dishes and he misses, JJJ gets called a [ussy pay] for not taking an open look when he was the hot hand. Dude can’t win with this fanbase.

12. Unimane

Damn, beat me by a second.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

Santi had no opportunities to shoot what JJJ had all night. If he had Santi would've been nailing them as usual.

14. Ssmiff

You dont risk a pass with 2 seconds when you have a wide open shot.

VOLinDAWGland and SetVol13 like this.
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

You do when it's your best player and best sharpshooter. It was also a little over 3 seconds.

16. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Idk what’s going on with him but he was really impressive last year. I do think you’re right that he’s in his own head, or he’s soft and Barnes has totally rattled him.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He’s been at 5 places in 5 years. Something questionable there.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  18. Unimane

Basilio and callers keep harping on us shooting a three at the end, showing their lack of basketball acumen. You have to go 94 feet in 6 seconds. Take whatever open shot you get and we got one. The criticism is stupid. And, Santi wasn't open. He just wasn't, not in real time. The final play was perfectly fine.

SetVol13 likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Daddy

20. Ssmiff

Yep. And even better if you get an open shot and have a chance at a putback. Which was where Olivier was headed. I also don't think JJJ has time to check the clock. Last thing you want is to not get a shot off.

SetVol13 and OneForVol like this.