21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Fulky put a little Tony Chachere’s on that one. Been a while since he’s had one of those

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I put that shit on everything

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Poppa T likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

6. Ssmiff

7. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

10SEvols likes this.
  8. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

An Arkansas fan making fun of a Tennessee player for flopping/taking charges? Now that's rich.

A-Smith, IP and LawVol16 like this.
  9. JohnnyQuickkick

Santi was about to make that dude take a charge

10. JohnnyQuickkick

That’s one of the best videos they’ve done and that’s saying something

Poppa T likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I liked the comment about going out there and winning the tournament, and then they'd have to give us our respect.

Well, people are still disrespecting us. Guess we will just have to go out there and win this one too.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Anyone know the actual history behind Ray Mears retiring back in ‘78? Every thing I dig up said he was struggling with depression and mental health but I’ve also been told there was a physical altercation with the AD resulting in potential brain damage. Any truth to that?

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Never heard about an altercation. But he had mental health issues that went beyond depression and long predated his exit.

justingroves likes this.
  14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I was there when he retired. There were no rumors relative to an "altercation related brain damage". Of course the interwebz did not exist and the Knoxville sportswriters mostly focused on sports, not a man's mental health, back then.

It was well known that he struggled with manic depression, which could have caused an "altercation". But, he was AD at UT Martin for around 10 years after he left coaching. I am skeptical that there was a "brain damaging altercation".

IP likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It sounds like something that would be rumored at a time when many people didn't have much awareness of mental health.

16. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That is possible.

At the risk of being chastised, he was endearingly referred to as "Crazy Ray" towards the end (in private conversation, of course). Most people (not all) thought it admirable that UT gave him the AD job at Martin. He was a trailblazer and ALL VOL.

I never heard any rumors of "brain damaging altercations".

IP likes this.
  17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Thoughts on the new staff assignments?

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

What has happened?

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Brock Jancek enters the portal. Hope y’all are excited about the NIT

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Promoted Justin Gainey to associate HC to replace Schwartz and promoted Gregg Polinsky into Gainey’s previous spot