21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I imagine there is a lot less patience at high level programs now for younger guys to mature and start listening to coaching.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think Tamba was quite good enough to play on this level. He was worth a flyer based on his size, but everything I saw in him screamed a lower level player. I hope he finds a good situation.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

he’s only been playing for 3 years since being taken in by a family in Knoxville. Does have good feet from soccer

4. Ssmiff

Quentin Dijbou..the kid from France probably hitting the portal

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I read where Barnes was hinting he might go to ECU under the former UT assistant now ECU HC Schwarz. Barnes was just suggesting, he might.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Chatter on the other site BHH is trannsferring to Georgetown.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

[dadgum]it.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Georgetown? Good luck

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We just have such rotten luck with posts. Sheesh.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What's the background for the BHH transfer stuff? I've obviously seen it talked about a number of times on here, but what's the background on why? He got quite a bit of PT this year and seemed to improve as the season went on.

12. Ssmiff

impatience, lack of effort and fire challenged, would rather not play any on low post, people in his ear about being a lottery pick.
    He reclassified and will possibly transfer before turning 19.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Sucks. Dumb decision. Rick can be mean but players that go through the fire learn to love him.

14. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Anyone think he'll look any different next year than last? I really don't. I'm cool with having the scholarship, assuming we pick up useful transfers/decommits/2023 recruits.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fair. I certainly don't want anyone to be there that doesn't want to be.

16. dknash

dknash Chieftain

My timeline:

We got a 5 star post, awesome!
    OK, he reclassified and doesn't look ready to contribute right away, understandable.
    He already wants to leave?! He looks bad even in the non-conference, where would he even go?! (6-25 KP#175 Georgetown, makes sense)
    JJJ wants him to start after ORN gets hurt, I guess that's cool? Hopefully he'll actually try now that he's getting minutes.
    BHH is roughly as consistent and effective as all of our other posts. Which is to say, not particularly either. But maybe we should have given him more time all along anyways since he's younger?
    BHH is starting every game and there are still rumors. At no point has his play has ever justified additional PT/usage. What is the issue?
    Georgetown? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOO

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think he has tremendous upside.

18. Ssmiff

He and advisors should chill. He’s fine and showed flashes. Had never had to really truly work before. People expecting immediate results, along with the portal allowing for transfers at any sign of obstacles, just aren’t good things imo right now.
    If he transfers, it will be his 5th school since freshman in HS

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Always be wary of any kid who attends more than two high schools, imo

HCKevinSteele and IP like this.
  20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Maybe. I don’t think there’s anything he can do that Aidoo can’t though. And Aidoo doesn’t appear to bring any inner circle drama.