21-22 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, May 21, 2021.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's time to see what Dr. Dan can do in a basketball coaching search.

2. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Not going to happen.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I think Barnes was a great hire. He was exactly what was needed at the time, but he isn’t taking this program anywhere that it hasn’t already been.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I just don’t really think the program is capable of going much further than what Pearl and Barnes have done. Otherwise it would’ve surely happened in over 100 years of basketball.

5. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

South Carolina, Auburn and Georgia have all been further and they have historically shit programs. It’s a stain on an otherwise decent program (same for Alabama and Missouri).

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s absolutely capable. Frank Martin has taken South Carolina to one freaking tournament in 9 years and went to the final 4

7. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Literally just win the SEC tourney once and go to one Final Four. This program is 100% capable of that.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Then why has it not happened? It’s not like we’ve just had an endless parade of shitty coaches.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And endless parade of average hires and allowing the NCAA to railroad the only coach that made it to the E8 over a barbecue

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

All Pearl had to do was tell the truth the first time and he would’ve gotten a slap on the wrist. UT had no choice but to move on.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Man those years me and a few guys would roll up and back to watch jujuan smiff, Lofton and weezy play. Fun times. Pearl such an idiot.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Other programs have fought the NCAA over worse. And won.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Definitely thought at one point today “can we just hire Pearl back?”

I don’t know if he’d bring us a championship either, and we’d still probably underachieve a fair amount. But his teams felt like they could beat anyone.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Why would he leave Auburn?

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

“He loves UT!”

16. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I don’t really get how Kennedy Chandler is a potential lottery pick. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great player, but I just don’t see NBA written all over him necessarily.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It could be much worse. Memphis just blew a 10 point lead with 2 minutes left to lose at East Carolina.

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They draft mostly on potential, or at least perceived potential. But a 6-0 guard has to be at least one of an elite shooter or defender to play in the modern NBA. He is neither at this time.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Still mad we didn’t get to beat their eyes shut. Glad to see their season is over barring a tournament win.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Ray Mears will coach at Tennessee again before Bruce Pearl will