22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Of course the Purdue bro wants a desperate 3 point foul called against the Vols at the buzzer.

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Lol. He fouled him.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Swallowed the whistle on the inbounds, but spazz on the last shot. What needs to occur for announcers to knock this shit off?

4. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

The absolute gall for the announcers to [itch bay] about that no call after watching Santi get shoved out of bounds 6 times and saying nothing.

IP likes this.
  5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Nobody has gotten more unearned luck in basketball than Auburn under Pearl. I don’t feel bad for them that the refs swallowed the whistle there.

OneForVol likes this.
  6. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Not being able to shoot has been a known problem for a while, but the struggles against the press might bite us in March. Zeigler cannot pass out of a trap, and I'm not sure the rest of the team is much better. Lucky to finish that one off. . . though I suppose the D being great isn't luck. But Key and JJJ both missed cannot-be-more-open threes, Zeigler didn't hit a thing, Nkamhoua is missing layups and lost confidence in even trying from farther out, and we won somehow.

7. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

It was a foul but in general unless it’s egregious I don’t like fouls being called on rushed last second shots from that distance

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It looked like Green attempted to scissor with Nkamhoua during his shot. GTFO with that, deserved no call.

Ssmiff and IP like this.
  9. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Especially not with the shooter sticking both legs out and bear hugging Olivier after the shot.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have developed beef with key's production.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I saw knamhoua straight up in a spot not moving and a guy jumped into him. Couldn't believe the announcer said "have to let him land as nkamhoua is motionless through the slomo clip.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t remember him playing the 2nd half

13. HCKevinSteele

Nkamhoua went into him as much as Green did the opposite, but still, rushed off balance shot from that distance doesn’t need to be rewarded unless it’s a hack job imo.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

nah Olivier moved up about a foot after he kinda pushed the picker.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

JJJ shot like shit outside of his typical mid-range looks yet he was still by far our best player offensively today. His rebounds saved our asses too. Double double effort despite missing about 8 wide open 3s.

16. HCKevinSteele

Eh watch again. He tried to act like it was straight up but he moved forward into him as he was jumping/releasing.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Did Olivier drop some acid this morning? Because his depth and spatial perception just was not working for him today. Never seen a dude airball and brick so many three or four foot shots. He was beyond spastic and horrific today anytime he attempted to score. I'm officially worried about him mentally.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Watched it again, he had the spot and slid his back foot up to that spot.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dude had nothing to say about multiple possible foul calls on the inbounds. But he wants that call on a desperation final 3? Miss me with the biased nonsense.

20. HCKevinSteele

Lol that same call from the last shot went against Auburn and probably cost them a national championship. What luck are you referring to? Just making a high volume of difficult 3’s in the Bryce Brown/Jared Harper years?