22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If Bruce’s boys played as much basketball as they flopped, [itch bay]ed, and whined they might’ve won today.

2. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Again I don’t think it’s an egregious no call per se but you have lost your mind

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I know we played down to their level of dysfunction, but today was a good reminder how frustrating it always was watching a Bruce coached team when they are forced to solely rely on their half court offense.

LawVol16, Tar Volon and A-Smith like this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

hahaha they are crying all over twitter

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I think I would have taken 2/3 from Texas, Florida, and Auburn, and we won a game where we shot abysmally. Could be worse.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

They should cry. 3-27 from deep. 23% overall from the field. Got out rebounded on both ends. Lost the turnover battle. Only 2 second chance points compared to our 10. Their entire performance is worthy of shedding tears over. They suck ass this year.

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Refs are inconsistent, at best.
    Our shooting is inconsistent, at best.

I will take the win and savor our opponent fan's grievance.

8. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

How long until Jacqui claims Tennessee fans were mean to her again?

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

New Mexico State kid who shot 80% from the line got fouled shooting a 3 at the buzzer against that team. He only made 1 of 3. He makes one more and Auburn’s Final Four becomes a first round exit.

LawVol16 likes this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

That’s tournament basketball man. How many storied runs or championship teams got where they did after narrowly avoiding a loss early?

Argument might be better if they didn’t proceed to massacre Kansas and UNC in the next two games.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Barnes in the post game praising Mashack. He's right in doing so too imo. He did a lot of stuff that does not show in the stats and didn't screw anything up like he typically does.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

That's two teams in a row who were able to use physicality to make our offense completely inept. You can say it was missed shots, but that's also a result of feeling uncomfortable. Missing shots is missing shots, it happens. But, the way we are playing on offense is incredibly concerning and not new. We are in our heads so much. Way too many short armed shots from close and we are absolutely one of the worst teams I've seen in quite some time at the rim. This week has been a huge red flag as we moved on from our Sisters of the Poor part of our SEC schedule.

13. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

This is my perception, as well.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

There’s a baby Josh Richardson in there somewhere. If he sticks it out here I bet Barnes gets it out of him.

SetVol13 and Tar Volon like this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If hands are straight up at that distance you ain’t gonna get a call. I’m sorry.

Indy likes this.
  16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Green has an earned reputation as a flopper. That probably cost him there more than anything. He got T’d for flopping earlier in the game on a shot where I think he really did get hit on the wrist. But fair or not, refs will sometimes make decisions based on your reputation as a player. That may be why they T’d Uros too, tbh

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you don't think it is egregious, I guess you lost your mind too.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Is he a true point guard though? Regardless Barnes definitely sees something in him. The way Barnes goes out of his way to almost over praise his efforts publicly in general feels like RB in a way is campaigning to Meshack and his family to stick it out with his program long term

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Be honest. Who were you cheering for today? Your alma mater Auburn or your home state Vols?

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Richardson wasn’t a point guard either until his senior year

SetVol13 and Tar Volon like this.