22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I thought it was a clear foul, but watching the replay he kicked his feet out a good bit which I think refs are supposed to let go now?

Edit: wait just watched it again, I think it was a foul. Suck it auburn

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea you are right I guess. Bone’s first few years were so forgettable it’s hard to remember he wasn’t actually a PG until all of a sudden he was one of the fastest PGs in the entire country. Does Mashack have Bone’s burst and ball handling skills though?

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

No Mashack won’t be a pg at any time. But he can d up, work on his handles. Midrange looks good. Keep working to be a threat. And confidence. Jujuan played with a confidence from Day 1 that Mashack doesn’t have

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Bone was a point guard day 1

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Moving screen was thrown on Z on the play as well.

6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I thought our offense was a lot better the last 8-10 minutes or so. We were getting good looks but at that point we had watched so many bricks we couldn’t hit even the wide open ones.

7. Ssmiff

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Upon watching it again, yeah, that was a foul. Did not realize how much he stepped forward after the shooter had the ball.

9. CardinalVol

Going 6-2 down the stretch would be considered great IMO. Could see 4-4.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't get it. A tons of no-calls, but I am supposed to care that at the end of the game the Vols fought through the BS flopping and moving screens to defend the attempt? Won't be me.

11. Ssmiff

We are 100% on the minus side of +\- as far as good bounces and breaks from refs. Way minus. I’ll take it. Dumb by Olivier. I’m not sure his elevator goes all the way to the top floor.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
  12. CardinalVol

Im just saying it was a foul. Originally I did not think it was. Doesn’t bother me in the absolute least that it wasn’t called.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It was close. Glad it benefited us for once.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Just saw the replay the first time, it’s amazing to me the SEC now guys, even with Ron Slay in there, completely ignored the cross check on Vescovi that would’ve been a penalty in the NHL but made a big deal of the no-call on the 3. That play on Vescovi was way worse than I even thought from 309.

15. Ssmiff

yeah no doubt. He did have his hands straight up but he stepped in late.

16. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Auburn. That will always be the answer regardless of the sport or the season either is having, to be honest.

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[uck fay] Auburn.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Appreciate the honesty...but still...

[​IMG]

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was the damnedest thing, they looked at it twice after the fact and in slow mo, without comment.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Normally I value honesty, but normally it doesn't involve Auburn.

SetVol13 likes this.