23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Any chance of one of Purdue's 7 slipping?

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Purdue’s gonna get the overall #1 and Shrek Edey is going to get NPOY, accept it

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Gonzaga (N)
    Tennessee (N)
    Marquette (N)
    Alabama (N)
    Arizona (N)
    Illinois (H)
    Wisconsin (A)

Looks like Illinois could, but if Illinois falls out for them, they also fall out for us.

Tar Volon likes this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

USCjr and UK also probably don't get into Q1A for us. But Purdue plays @Illinois this week, which would be another Q1A win, should they win.

In fact, if I'm looking at this right, there's a potential scenario where they beat Illinois, increasing their total to 8-0, but then Illinois drops out of the top 15, lowering Purdue back to 7-0 but also lowering our W total.

I like this Q1A stuff though. It's the extra distinction I've been looking for within quad 1.

Tar Volon likes this.
  5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

right now, ten of our eleven Q1 games have been Q1A (all but A&M—admittedly with two games this week likely being Q1 but not Q1A). Provides a huge bit of extra context for our Q1 record only being 6-5 compared to Arizona being 8-3 but only playing six Q1A.

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Watching the Vols/Tide replay on SECN.

For some reason, I am smiling devilishly at the camera work showing the excited bama fanboys/girls right before half. And the announcer love? Oh boy.

Petty you say? Why, yes. Yes, I am.

[uck fay] bama.

7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Listening to Bilas, I think if a Bama player farted without shitting his pants, he would say that was, "Big time."

SetVol13 likes this.
  8. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I am basking in the glory of the surrender-cobra shot at the 29 sec mark.

IP likes this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If Houston loses they should fall off the one line. They won’t, but they should

Their Non-con SOS is an absolute joke

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

but…they git after ya

11. Ssmiff

Go to UNC. Play Edey. Play Bama twice and Ky twice. 2-4 or 3-3 imo

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I am not as dialed in as most of you guys re: the NCAA tourney seeding.

I am cynical to the point, given our current FU success over the NCAA, that if we get 1 seed it will be in region that has the most difficult competition and the hardest, most expensive location(s) for our fans to attend.

They may overlook their bias if the seeding/placement gives them the most money.

13. Tar Volon

If we get a one seed it will be in Los Angeles. There is almost no way it’s anywhere else. UConn will go to Boston, Purdue to Detroit, Houston to Dallas. One of those three would have to implode to drop below us, even if we win out.

Poppa T likes this.
  14. Tar Volon

And I believe the committee has already said on the record that we’re going to Charlotte for the first weekend if we’re ahead of either UNC or Duke. There was some discussion about whether they’d prioritize in-state (Memphis) vs distance from campus (Charlotte), but the committee is on the record saying distance is the prime factor.

Poppa T likes this.
  15. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Interesting.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t the school get to submit their top choice? Seems like it’d be better for both UT and UNC/Duke if we got to choose Memphis.

Atlanta/Nashville/Memphis should be hosting something every year.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Color me skeptical

18. Ssmiff

It’s good to be in the conversation.

Poppa T likes this.
  19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Not sure I’d want to subject vol fans to the city of Memphis.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it is Memphis or Charlotte, I won't complain about the location.

Tar Volon likes this.