23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

And I looked him up, it is, and HE IS FROM LIKE 5 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE.

[uck fay] that guy.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

No excuses, it just clicked now.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah, he transferred out and Michigan replaced him with Nkamhoua

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I literally thought, "what are the odds of two 7 footers with the same name in the same time frame playing college ball. What a minute..."

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Im holding you personally responsible

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

He has been in college longer than I lived here. I couldn't get to him in time.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That you Kesling?

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Burn

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Didn’t say it was an “easy draw” at least not objectively. Said it was a perfect draw for them. Matchups matter a lot in March

It was as easy as an all blue blood draw gets though

10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Ah, I misunderstood what you meant. Yeah, 3 straight blue bloods that are stacked with talent is a tall order no matter what but I don’t disagree. Some of those teams could have stifled that offense with their length but by that time their offense was hitting on all cylinders and shooting the lights out. That team had a lot of studs and was just really damn good. Bruce will have a hard time getting back there because he’ll be hard pressed to ever have that many players that are that good and fit what he does best as a coach again.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah it was basically the equivalent of this year’s Tennessee team going several rounds without playing anyone with a good, physical big. Sometimes you just hit that span of playing teams you match up well with.

Sometimes that’s not evident until after you’ve hit the span either.

You still have to win the games, so credit to Pearl and that squad, I’m just don’t think Bruce can ever catch lightning in a bottle with that group of guys and that stretch of matchups again.

Sorry I was in full “Bruce and Auburn hate” mode last night so my comments might have tended towards hyperbole.

12. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

You’re good I see what you mean. Frankly I think the lightning in the bottle was with that group of guys, for the most part they were super experienced and meshed perfectly. 3 guys that could score pretty much at will and not a hint of selfishness amongst them. Contrast that with his team this year. Not nearly as talented but still had talent, and very deep. But Johni Broome was the focus and he may be a great kid for all I know but I know basketball and I no team ever won anything that mattered with a guy like that leading the charge, he’s talented but not enough to overcome the poor leadership and frequent overall negative energy. They did get screwed a little bit yesterday on that ejection but they wilted when it got tough and it didn’t surprise me at all.

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Kansas/Gonzaga has been fun as hell so far.

emainvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  14. Tar Volon

Kansas is shooting the eyes out right now. 7/11 in the first half.

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Dickinson looks like he's 30, moves like he's 50. Wish we still had Nkamhoua.

16. Tar Volon

For whatever reason I always see him and wonder when Jamie Dornan grew to 7 feet and started playing basketball.

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Dickinson still has another season of eligibility. Seems like he’s been around forever.

18. CardinalVol

Could he transfer here? I want a big who can hit the top of the key 3 regularly.

19. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Danger time for KU

20. CardinalVol

Quick check in of Kansas -

[​IMG]