23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

2 losses after 6 with Barnes most talented team is a tough pill to swallow. Hope we show up next game. Need to get back on track.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We have players who don’t practice everyday during the season. If a player is worn out, they get recovery therapy. That said, we better get after it in boxing out and rebounding drills till they puke.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Purdue shot 48 free throws, and we shot 22-71 from the field against Kansas. Both of those numbers are uniquely awful, and we were still in both games late.

I think we will figure it out offensively. Vescovi had his break out game. ZZ will come around. Hopefully Knecht keeps it going and can be “the guy” for us when we need it in March.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Also based on one game watched, that Dickinson guy is twice the player Edey is

5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I don’t get why Dickinson isn’t in the NBA yet. He seems like a prototypical modern NBA 5 to me. I’m no scout though

6. Ssmiff

Think we woulda matched up better with Marquette being able to switch almost everything.
    We did just give up 40/30 in 2 games vs two big men.

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Now we get to face a top 5ish big man.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That Purdue president would feel right at home with our UT presidents from about 1999-2020

justingroves and SetVol13 like this.
  9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Voltwitter is the most annoying social media faction in college football. And I love them for it.

But VolTwitter is the dumbest social media faction in college basketball. My God.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

56 total FT’s shot by all 4 teams in the 2 games today. Only 8 more than Purdue shot in a single game against us last night.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Just shows how tough Purdue is to battle through that kind of relentless brutality.

SetVol13 and emainvol like this.
  12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Heroic, frankly. Per Jay Bilas.

justingroves and emainvol like this.
  13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

So tonight is what? Second toughest game left this season. Lots of November opportunities, but it’d be great to cash in on more than one of them.

IP likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya this is the kind of game that either opens or closes doors on seeding later when a whole bunch of 4 and 5 loss teams need to be sorted.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

We really need the win tonight. 4-3 would stink ass

16. Ssmiff

Tobe out

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I hate mother[uck fay]ers like this.

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

These are people with the emotional intelligence of 9 year olds.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Tar Vol here GBO

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

A “Vol Heel”…sickening. UNC and their fans are worse than Duke