23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

scored plenty of points tonight

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Really? Knecht isn't player of the game?

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

62 pts 31 rebounds to 3 big men in 3 games.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He was the best player on the floor but they always give it to the winning team.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Our interior game is a problem. I feel like Aidoo has gotten better, but he's not rebounding well enough and he's not getting help

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

The rebounding is terrible and killing us.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If you told me we’d break 90 tonight, no way I’d believe it’s an L.

justingroves likes this.
  8. Tar Volon

That's Awaka's specialty, but he doesn't play enough minutes to be the only one (and he's been hurt besides), and we're just not rebounding well at the 1-4 spot, which in the past JJJ and Vescovi have at least done well.

9. Ssmiff

Need a healthy Tobe to help with rebounds.

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This athletic department is about 0-16 in big games this fall.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is much more than the absence of Awaka. And this wouldn't look so bad if they weren't missing so many 3's. But you are not filling up the basket OR rebounding, you are on the wrong end of a tilt. That's not insightful basketball knowledge, it is just math.

12. Tar Volon

Well, the team has some fight. There are some glaring flaws that I'm not sure we can fix. We don't have any especially brutal road trips for a few weeks, so we've got a little bit of time, but we desperately need to get Knecht healthy.

13. Tar Volon

Feels like every time I make a special effort to be in front of the TV, we lay a huge egg.

14. Ssmiff

I said Tobe would help. Didn’t say he would solve the rebounding issues

15. Tar Volon

I don't think we have another game that's truly scary for another nine weeks until the trip to Rupp. Illinois is a tricky fixture, and trips to Starkville and Nashville, but there's nothing we can't win with the pieces we have. Never a good time for an injury, but there could be worse times. Just hope it's something where he can rehab and get right for the stretch run.

In the interim, we have a lot to figure out on the glass, and any of the freshmen growing up would help a hell of a lot.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If we had gotten out of there without the Knecht injury I would’ve felt a lot better about this team’s future. They won’t give up another 60 point half the rest of the way. We’ve had some of the most soul crushing injuries lately.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Knecht injured? How bad?

18. Tar Volon

As a Vols/Canes/Courage/Orioles fan, the last 13 months have included season-ending injuries to a Heisman candidate QB (Hooker), a starting PG (ZZ), a team's best offensive weapon (Svechnikov), the literal league MVP in the last game of the season (Kerolin), and the AL Reliever of the Year (Bautista). Switch sports and can't escape.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Stepped on a UNC foot and rolled the ankle. Was in a lot of pain and had to be helped off. Sprain of some sort, I’m guessing. Just hoping it’s not a high sprain.

IP likes this.
  20. Ssmiff

Evidently can put zero weight on it.