23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It's George Mason, and I'm pretty sure we scored end of half? Maybe took the timeout also? (was listening with crappy reception)

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't recall anything warranting commentary, tbh. Feels like wes just had a dumb tweet he had to unleash

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

It's one thing to send it during the Purdue game where we shot a half court shot with 3 seconds left and Santi got the loose ball foul. Like, at least there's cause then, even if you've been workshopping it all week.

IP likes this.
  4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Checked the box score, timeout with 10 seconds left, Gainey basket with 1 second left. I don't get it.

justingroves likes this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Wes is having a pretty solid meltdown today over people having the gall to rip him

justingroves likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

What was he saying? I mean yeah lots of coaches in that situation call a TO then to work on a set play.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I get what's he's trying to say.

I just think it's dumb.

justingroves and IP like this.
  8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The way he worded it was kinda dumb. But the apparent outrage or whatever it is over it is also kinda dumb, so they cancel each other out.

Could have said something like “Barnes will take his first half use it or lose it timeout to his grave”.

IP and utvol0427 like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Doesn’t make sense though because he used it. Taking it to his grave would mean he didn’t use it.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Worse things have definitely been said. It’s just Wes, and he’s a goober

IP likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think people didn't like hearing a time frame on the life of a 65 year old man.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Biggest issue is that it’s coming from a [ussy pay] that any real person don’t respect about a man that almost every one respects but is just a good not great coach as his fault.

justingroves likes this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People think Wes is weird and Wes tweets that so they're giving him hell

14. Ssmiff

Anybody seen Illinois play? I saw maybe 2 minutes. They scored a lot of points in the last game but not many assists so I’m assuming they pick a matchup and clear out. Don’t think they go over 6’9 so we can switch a lot but one dude is 270.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Terry Shannon is their best player on both ends. He was on that TTU team where we played the worst basketball in the history of basketball. I assume he will be on Knecht.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  16. Ssmiff

I don’t think Knecht can guard him on the other end but like I like knecht in the post on offense. He can finish several ways and maybe draw a couple fouls on him.
    We better be ready to bang today. Worries me about Aidoo. Height and reach advantage for him but hes been pushed around a bit in 3 big matchups so far.

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

This is Tennessee. Of course the guy shooting 5% from 3 goes 2/2.

18. Ssmiff

Holy shit I just took my first breath. This is what I’m talking about. We are attacking offensively

A-Smith likes this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Attack attack attack

20. Ssmiff

What an awful goaltending call