23-24 Season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Jul 2, 2023.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

21-4 run fellas. Rough day but responded. [uck fay] Georgia. maybe don’t dance and taunt so much, act like you’ve been there before and you’ll have enough gas next time to not get trounced when it counts.

SetVol13, Tar Volon and TennTradition like this.
  2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Dalton Knecht. Mother. [uck fay]er.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

After that freshman wiggled his ass I went into kick their add mode.

4. Ssmiff

DK and GA got scared, tight and tired down the stretch

5. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Couldn’t watch, but man it’s nice having a guy that can pull your ass out of the fire.

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

They shot 33% from 2 and 42% from 3. 48% from 3 outside of the last 2 desperation possessions.

Just a weird game.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

We were sloppy and bad for like 20 minutes, but they were also making almost every 3 during that span. They remembered who they were, we cleaned things up somewhat, and nature takes its course. Light work.

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The truth is, outside of Vandy nobody in this league is a pushover. Going to have to play ball every time out.

SetVol13, Ssmiff and Tar Volon like this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

And then Dalton Knecht said [uck fay] this shit.

MaconVol, A-Smith and Ssmiff like this.
  10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Too bad we don’t get them at home this year. Would have loved to beat them by 30.

11. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The fact that we didn’t play 40 is bad. The fact that we responded in crunch time is great to see though—think that might be the first time we’ve won this year when the game was within a possession late.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

We had no business losing. Then we had no business winning. Then we won. Crazy game. But a big time character win.

Tar Volon likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

DK has made him some $

14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

There are four very winnable games on our schedule until going to Lexington. I have no idea what to expect from this team, though. Dalton isn't going to score 30 every game to bail out a bunch of shit performances.

Tar Volon likes this.
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I don’t either. This team still feels overrated even after pulling that win out. Feels like we are around a top 20 team at the moment. Luckily we have plenty of time to improve.

16. Ssmiff

Think we can expect this team to get back in games and keep fighting. Give up runs and go on runs. Did same last game. Sec road is tough. Ky getting whipped early right now.
    Gaineys defense was a concern as was Dillione early on but I’d have to give Dillioke more minutes. He can get to the rim better.

17. Ssmiff

all the top 5 and 10 teams keep losing.

18. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I didn’t get to watch. I mean did JJJ and Vescovi do anything significantly impactful?

19. Ssmiff

jjj is in a rut and struggled defensively too. Santi got in early foul trouble again and another bs one in 2nd half. He did hit a big 3 to cut it to 5 and hassled on D when he could. It was a weird game. We dominated for 16 minutes then played like shit till 6 minutes left as Ga hit 9/14 3s and we went cold. Then we cleared out for knecht and played great D late.

20. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Vescovi hit a big three off a FT miss to get us to a one (or two possessions? felt like we couldn't get closer than 7 for a really long time) possession game. JJJ attacked the rim and finished once when we were scuffling, I think. Both caught some ref BS.