'23 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by lylsmorr, Oct 14, 2021.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

We may. Down to two schools.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t mind Bishop if we do. Karns is awful. Undersized kid on a bad team in E tn won’t get much credit. I’d like a Gibbs type back but honestly with Heup if we have the Small/Wright/Sampson types I’m good with it. We set rushing records with them. Need to make more guys miss on the 2nd level but they improved there as well.

4. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

About a third of the class already on campus with the team and a few more will be here In January.

justingroves likes this.
  5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Lol I know nothing about this kid but my first reaction was gonna be to ask if this is the 1st D1 player from Karns ever. Seems almost impossible how consistently bad they were at everything back in my day. Don’t know if that’s still true.

6. Ssmiff

Trying to remember when EE really took off. Unheard of forever. Then a couple. Now 15 who get to practice and lift for 8 months. Tremendous head start vs fall enrollees. Get ahead in hours as well I assume and already adapted to being a student athlete.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It was one or two per class and mostly a high P5 thing 12 years ago, and pretty rare 20 years ago. I think it really took off about 5 years ago, but I could be wrong. Sometime in the last 12 years though. I am guessing that about half a class is going to be early enrolling before too long at the high P5 schools. I think it is part of also wanting to leave early for the pros or know if you want to transfer sooner.

8. Ssmiff

Some kids are just over HS as well. And I’m sure during recruiting they discuss EE and tell a kid if he can get In as EE he has a spot. 8 months of development ahead of freshman year is huge. Coaches can see what they are working with and know before august when they don’t have time to find out.

IP likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

I know the competition is lower. Doesn’t look like what I’d call a speed burner. But fast enough and looks like a similar offense as far as what we ask our rbs to do. I look at his feet and how he can get lost between the tackles then wick cut to daylight. Looks as good as Kalifa Keith to me, but shiftier and not as thick.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

He certainly seems to be processing what is going on around him and reacting.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He was literally their entire offense for 3 years. He would be a nice worth a flyer for if you have everything you need otherwise.

12. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Eric Zeier was the first EE in '91 but I don't think Tennessee actually had one until '00 and I believe it was Rattay

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The biggest determining factor for me is how easily a guy puts distance between himself and defenders down field.

14. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Nice to have a no drama signing day. This class will help.

zehr27 likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Most of them have already enrolled

Volgrad98 and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  16. Ssmiff

Already look the part

Attached Files:

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

He’s in. Dunno whether to be excited by that or not, but he’s in.

18. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Surely he's not using one of the athletic scholarships.

19. Ssmiff

we are gtg at rb for a couple years. And portal will be available too. He can fill the shoes of what we have now imo and made his yards on same rb reads we use

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Why wouldn't he?

PilotFlyingJ likes this.