'23 Class

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by lylsmorr, Oct 14, 2021.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Went to the Signing Day celebration last night. The lady friend wanted to go, so of course, we go.

The amount of grown men salivating over autographs of 18 year old young people made me as uncomfortable as I’ve been in my life.

Did get to talk to Heupel for a good amount of time though.

SetVol13, IP, Volgrad98 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Nice. Me and youngest were down on he field in the alumni. Letterman’s area this year. Well down there but roped off right near where Sterling sets up pregame. Grown men on front 2 rows begging HS recruits to come take a selfie. I mean like little girls to a movie star. Asked my son what he thought and all he said was “those guys are embarrassing..”

IP likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

-top 5 doesn’t mean much if half the kids don’t pan out. Heup also wants culture fit. I get it though. Rb recruit with offers to bama, ga etc looks better in our minds, but if a kid from a small school doesn’t camp at those schools, he’s not getting offered. Best rb in the league last year was the kid from Ole Miss who had similar rating to Bishop but almost 2k fewer yards the last 2 years. You wouldn’t have wanted him either.
    Bishop is 2nd most prolific rb in TN state HS football history and 2x Mr Football, so he’s not trash

10SEvols likes this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It's weird as [uck fay] for grown men to ask anyone for an autograph, but especially 18 year old kids that should still be in high school.

My FIL has talked to Heupel a couple of different times around the athletic offices and said he seemed to be as nice as a guy that you could ever hope to have in that position. He even said that Heupel remembered him from previous conversations which stood out to him because, in comparison to Heupel, my FIL is a peasant in the AD hierarchy.

Memtownvol, SetVol13, IP and 2 others like this.
  5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And grown men wearing a jersey with another man's name on it is a major man rule violation.

6. Ssmiff

never been one to wear a jersey except to Fantasy football draft or Super Bowl party where a few of us decided to challenge to see who would show with the “coolest jersey”. I had 1976 Pitt Tony Dorsett. One guy had Earl Campbell Texas, another Barry Sanders OK st. Think Reggie White Memphis Showboats was the best.
    The nfl fan with his recent player jersey tucked into his pants is something else though.

7. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

That's different

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I will never understand this thought process. But, to each their own.

emainvol likes this.
  9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Couldn’t even remember the last time I was worried about what another man was wearing, unless I wanted one of whatever they’re wearing for myself.

I believe it was the great philosopher Joe Maddon who said “If you think you look hot, wear it”.

emainvol and utvol0427 like this.
  10. Ssmiff

Sounds like we got a couple jersey wearers.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

What do you prefer your men to wear?

emainvol and IP like this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Get in the top 10 to 12, the difference between 3rd and 12th is usually one or two players.

VOLinDAWGland and IP like this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I have a solid collection of soccer & hockey jerseys. A baseball one. Don’t really like to wear football jerseys.

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Heupel text me about a player that he got wind of that was catastrophically injured that I coached. He sent three players to visit with him, and then stopped by himself. All without any fan fare. Didn’t post it on social media or anything. I thanked him for that last night. Each time I’ve met with him at clinics and other places, he always asks about how our team looks.

I think deep down the dude is as genuine as it gets.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sounds more like a we have at least couple don’t give a [uck fay]-ers.

16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I have a lot soccer too. Not many hockey right now, but I have some on my list that I’m on the lookout for in the right condition/price. I don’t like to wear baseball or football, either.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

18 out of 24 commits are 4 or 5 star on at least one site (I don’t count Bishop since he is reportedly walking on). I don’t think we’ve ever had a rate that high in one class.

IP and justingroves like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I only wear football jerseys. Like, only a jersey. Apparently that's like a crime most places. "Indecent," pff, whatever.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Every time I’ve worn a jersey I immediately get laid.

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I own a Reggie White Packers jersey and a Ozzie Smith baby blue Cardinals jersey. Just not a jersey guy, but if you are then I really don't care.

However, all I ask is just don't tuck it in.

justingroves likes this.