23 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 2, 2023.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Defensive end

The DBs aren't going to be much different. Walker, McCullough and Turrentine are the safeties right now and Turnage, Slaughter, McDonald and Hadden are the CBs.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Jesus, Slaughter is 35 years old, isn't he?

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Basilio was saying yesterday that they like the young DBs but none of them are ready to beat out incumbents yet

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The secondary was decent to finish the year.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

Ehhhhh

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

we were down to a walkon at cb

7. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I hope one of the young guys steps up because Hadden is a liability back there. At least that's how I see it.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, he's a junior

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No it wasn't, Tennessee played Vandy in the rain and decided to blitz Klubnow relentlessly

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hadden is probably the best CB when his head's on straight

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think they'll have a fairly quick hook

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Hopefully he got right this summer and makes me eat my words.

13. Ssmiff

I think we will see a different Hadden. He wasn’t here last spring and came in injured. Another year to grow helps. Interview the other day I saw he wasn’t like the guy we saw on the field last year making an ass out of himself

14. JohnnyQuickkick

He had his moments last season. He undid it all at SC though

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Hadden apparently looks the best out there. Not super encouraging. There’s still lots of minor injuries in the secondary keeping a lot of veteran guys out of practice though.

I don’t think Weathersby would’ve played outside of mop up duty or major attrition. There’s a lot of bodies there now.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't know if I'll ever think about our secondary without shitting my pants. Hope that changes, even Kohls is expensive when you're going every week.

HotlantaVol and 10SEvols like this.
  17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Blaming any part of South Carolina on him is the same as killing the messenger

18. JohnnyQuickkick

I’m not blaming it on him but he showed his ass.

justingroves likes this.
  19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel quote

“We have a real sense of urgency inside of our program that starts with me having a sense of competitiveness and drive,” Heupel said. “At the end of the day, there were a lot of great moments last year. None of that stuff comes with us. At the end of the day, last year there were a lot of goals that we didn’t reach.

20. Ssmiff

Rewatching Bama game again. Yes our dbs didn’t look well coached, but we were also down to a walkon. Main thing late that sticks to me is we dropped a DE to cover Gibbs on the pass Gibbs dropped. Hope our DC does a better job this year. He had a lot of weird calls and telegraphed blitzes or dropped deep and soft too often last year