23 offseason thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 2, 2023.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That is cool.

I have some Power T pints, '98 National Champ pints and SEC Champ pints and a few collector Champ shot glasses, and basic Power T liquor glasses.

But that is definitely awesome.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I was not hyped.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I was not hyped. I was pissed because I thought Danny White had just phoned the hire in.

Memtownvol, Tar Volon, zehr27 and 5 others like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I wasn’t upset nor did I envision such a quick turnaround. we were also coming off one of the worst qbs and offenses I’d seen at UT, so I was heaupful

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

At least for me on top of that you have the fact that UCF went undefeated under Frost and then some would have argued slid under Heupel. I think we know now that narrative was bunk. At the time I didn’t pay close enough attention to UCF to know any better.

6. Ssmiff

didn’t the qb get hurt?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

UVA coach saying he was on the short list for the UT job, Dr. Danny White seems to remember differently

8. Ssmiff

I’m sure he interviewed and there was likely a follow up plan to discuss further, but if DW is stating on twitter for the world to see, and mentions he let it go before when it was brought up, that he made one offer, I believe him.

9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I think so but a lot of the chatter came from UCF fans who are insane regardless.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2023
  10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

There was no movement or rumors on the hire until he came out and turned it down. Then went dark for awhile before they floated Heupel and a couple of others.

Basically, Danny probably said would you be interested in a job offer with x, y and z without actually saying here is your offer. He said no thanks, therefore there was no “offer”. He’s just being petty.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This was me.
    [​IMG]

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

That and about 20 opt outs I think.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The job was never offered to him. The closest anyone came before he decided on Heupel was Franklin.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  14. KyleAlexanderfan

Yeah and it was never offered to Franklin either.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep which is why you don't see Franklin going around saying it was.

Memtownvol likes this.
  16. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

How does the saying go…nobody is offered the job until they accept it?

Tar Volon and IP like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I kinda think DW is full of crap on this one, but I could be wrong. It doesn’t really matter anyway

19. KyleAlexanderfan

Speculation Mays injury may be pretty serious. We gotta get these young guys ready on the interior. Don’t have a lot of faith in Ollie Lane/Ball. Sounds like Karic isn’t that impressive either.

20. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Price has been preaching he’s fine, may miss a week. I worry about our interior depth as well though.