2nd Tier Coaching List

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Nobody would take Mullen over these other scrubs?

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

If there's baggage then yeah, leave him alone but if it's a question of him not wanting to coach in the SEC East...convince him! (If that's our strongest candidate if Gruden is out.)

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He'd be a B hire.

I think he'd pull us comfortably out of the laughingstock realm, but never get us into the perennial power realm.

4. Savage Orange

Agreed. I just thought it was curious that he was such a hot name for a minute and then everyone forgot about him.

5. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Every year, after he strings together a few good games, he reminds the world how mediocre he is.

6. Savage Orange

Honestly, so many of us locked onto Gruden that it doesn't matter who else we hire... there will be grumbling unless it's either Patterson or Kelly. I think Stoops is off the table.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Mullen would do well here. Still stand by it.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah Stoops is done for a few years

9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Go look at the Alabama hiring timeline. Seriously.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Alabama was one of the biggest shit shows of all time. Bryant Jr was involved in everything and didn't know his ass from a hole in the ground.

Then, Mal Moore's nephew built Saban a lake house.

11. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Yep.

And what’s his [penis] wasn’t fired until after Thanksgiving. And Saban wasn’t even hired in the same calendar year I believe.

12. Savage Orange

I'll be interested to see who's gonna want to take the reins after Saban calls it a career at Bama...

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Alabama got Saban on about the 5th try. Georgia hired an assistant. MAybe they got lucky. Time will tell. Florida’s last 4 hires: Zook, Meyer, Muschamp, McElwain. Hitting a Rob Deer-esque .250.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

But McElwain, Meyer, and Muschamp were all guys they wanted. The went after their #1 and got him. We've been landing choice five or worse.

tvolsfan and Savage Orange like this.
  15. Savage Orange

I'd give Florida a .500. When they hired Boom, he was the guy they wanted and everyone in Gatorland was jacked about the hire. Especially when he brought Charlie Cheeseburger on board. As for the others, whether it was the first try or the fiftieth, they still got the guy the majority of the fanbase wanted. We'll see if UT still has the juice to make us happy but the last three hires have (for one reason or another) just dug us deeper into the hole. Time to get up off our back.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

So if we make Mike Bobo choice #1 and get him, we succeed, then?

I'd say making the judgment about who #1 is to be is pretty important too.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

*Charlie the Hutt

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

They wanted Rich Rodriguez. He turned them down.

19. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Yep. They narrowly escaped that hire.

We just have to get over the idea that we're being mean for firing a coach after 3 years or for firing him in the middle of a season. It's part of the process. If they're not making noise after the third year, fire them and try again.

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You said that, not me.