2nd Tier Coaching List

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NEW COACH, Sep 26, 2017.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

there is also absolutely zero reason why tenn has to get donor funding for 100% of it upfront.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Just keep Butch then. What's the point?

3. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

I don't understand it either. But it just reminds me, as if I needed reminding, that we aren't serious about winning championships.

I doubt you even get Patterson for $5M or less, so I don't know why he would be on that guy's list if he doesn't think we'll pay more than that.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'll cover the alcohol for the prefire tailgate party

5. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

I said the same thing when I saw it, but with more expletives.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And this is why UT won't compete for the SEC

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If that is our A list, **** it.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well the time to get loud is now. We can't be reactive or it is too late. If we can't push a name, maybe we should push a number and hope that conveys the message. If they're not looking to spend saban money, they should keep butch

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Friend that knows more than I told me that back in 08, Currie actually was impressed with Clawson and understood what he was trying to do. Said to keep a look out for him as a dark horse candidiate. Doing well so far at Wake.

Found it interesting.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

"but he ran a pro style offense in the nfl."

he must be a terrible interview because he can't get another job to save his life.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Since he was mentioned, figure I'd add a little reading material as well.

https://247sports.com/Article/Enter...-has-built-Wake-Forest-into-a-winner-52491417

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If UT's AD ran a Nascar team, they'd tell their driver to slow the **** down so they don't have to pay taxes on the winnings.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I really don't believe the $5m ceiling. You spend $1.5m more per year to win titles. You may the money back as a program. And boosters love winning.

14. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Can’t see that going over well with the fan base.

15. TDVol1989

16. TDVol1989

We see a lot of "Insider" information that ranges from Butch can get canned after a GA loss to finishing the season to Chip Kelly to Jim Bob Cooter (where I come from a cooter is something else) to Boosters giving Currie an ear full to Fulmer being brought in to now Dave Clawson. We are getting trolled.

There has to be a legitimate voice of reason somewhere. It's getting pretty random.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Currie runs a fairly tight ship. No one knew who he was hiring as the baseball coach until he was at the podium

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I know some people who would flip the f*** out if that happened. Actually could be successful longterm, but Clawson basically guarantees opening with a year of suck. Has had an eight-loss season at every single HC stop

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We hire a 50 pound bag of shit.

20. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

Personally would rather have Grass Grazer than anybody on that 247 list. I'm with Groves. I don't think there will be any clue with Curry.