30 Greatest NFL Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'Sports' started by cotton, Jan 20, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

by stats?

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Gun to my head, if I had to pick a QB to run my offense the past 8-10 years, I go with Brady. I love Manning probably in a way that a man shouldn't love another man, but I take Brady.

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm lost, are you stating that the Falcons and Panthers haven't done collectively better than the others in the AFC East over that time period?

Because that would be insane

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

haven't we been through this? That's the question.

And as to that year, Manning dragged that historically sorry defense to home field in the playoffs and the defense finally arrived to cash it in.

5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If you are paying them equal and have the same amount of money to spend on the rest of the team regardless of who you choose?

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

me too. if I had to choose between having Brady to augment a good team or having Hoodie, I'd take Hoodie.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

yes.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I hope that offense is predicated on hitting high percentage passes then living and dying on the yac.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah they are real powerhouses. explain to me again why brees is ranked higher on your list than brady?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

at some point it's about crunch time and playing in crap weather. Brady is better in Jan weather than Manning because his arm is stronger and spiral tighter.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

are you seriously arguing that peyton isn't a dink and dunker?

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

long term? Hell no. Coaches have taken advantage of his penchant to go downfield too much.

13. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Yeah, equal pay. If I had to take someone right now to run my team for the next 8 years, I have to go Luck, I'd like Rodgers but does he have 8 years? I think Wilson is second.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Lol

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

After Moss left?

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

let me be clear, every qb is a dink and dunker now, but career yards per completion:

tom brady 11.7
    peyton manning 11.8

btw that puts them 15th and 16th on the active list. that doesn't scream a guy to me that goes downfield too much.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

those get skewed massively by the dumbass screen game that Denver uses to the hilt. It has basically been their running game for the past 3 years.

18. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Every year including the Moss year. Moss's value came from his ability to garner a safety bracket every play and even then he was coming down with the ball no matter his surroundings. The man is a living cheat code.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

actually his cards per completion with Denver are higher on average: 11.9

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm

20. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

and he definitely goes down the field less. he still does it much more than Brady, but the screen game and Wes Welker slot style game have changed these guys.