72%(!): Media Intentionally Reports Fake News

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

72% of Americans agree with Trump that the MSM is Fake News, including 53% of Democrats.

If you want to give Trump credit for that, go ahead.

2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Just because they "agree" with him, and not even agree with him in the same manner, doesn't mean he was the originator of that perception. He didn't even invent "fake news". It's also incredibly simplistic and naïve. Here's a better break down of the poll beyond just the idea that news is "fake". That's not what people believe, necessarily. Just that certain ones are.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Wow. Republicans don’t trust anyone. Except politicians.

Tenacious D likes this.
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Incorrect. ‘News Sources’. Not MSM.

I believe that there are news sources that are always fake. I don’t understand why some consider them news.

justingroves likes this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Facebook memes, imo.

Poppa T and fl0at_ like this.
  6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Eh, maybe, but according to the article.

7. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Is the news anything but a program to sell commercials? That's a serious question.

8. fl0at_

That's pretty much exactly what it is. It doesn't have to be, but how else would it stay in business?

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Historically speaking, hasn’t the news in this country always been biased and misleading?

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

No, news was a noble profession, beyond reproach until those yahoos started Fox News.

11. Tenacious D

Which member of the MSM isn’t considered a “news source”, again?

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I didn’t say MSM. I said news sources.

13. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

News is about $ and or agenda anymore.

It's not about facts. But rather what you can get someone to believe.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It has always been about money and power. Look at the early 20yh century newspaper magnates.

justingroves likes this.
  15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I’d think at this point most people are so entrenched that a truly unbiased news outlet would be more of a niche market.

I actually heard something about some survey they’ve been doing for 30+ years. They basically ask, “How would you feel if your son/daughter married someone that was...” and then the conclusion of the question is completed with “a different religion”, “ a different race”, and a bunch of other things like that. People are now more angry about that spouse being a Democrat or Republican than ever and it’s the #1 most objectionable answer.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. And it is stupid as 90% of the stuff both sides agree on.

17. fl0at_

Some of the differences are growing, with more and more votes (House and Senate) going purely along party lines, and both sides saying they don’t need the other, which even if true, is dangerous.

18. Tenacious D

Couldn’t agree more.

I’d even go a bit further in saying that as the populace increasingly grows both more polarized and immovable, our elected officials are not only de-incentivized to work together, but actually fear that merely acknowledging any value in the thoughts / beliefs of the other side, or any willingness to permit their amicable and necessary co-existence, will be seen as traitorous to their own thoughts / beliefs / political positions.

It is absolutely and increasingly dangerous.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. Most are making decisions based on what they fear the opponent will run in commercials come re-election time.