90-Day Fiancée

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Americans find foreigners online / on vacation / on mission trip(?!), sometimes meeting in-person beforehand (but mostly not), and get engaged. Once engaged, their their fiancé gets a visa to America, and they must be married in 90 days or the person has to go back.

50 year old white dude in Kentucky brings over 25-year old Thai woman.

Recently divorced 40-year old suburban mother of two from Pennsylvania brings in 19-year old black dude she met and fell in love with while vacationing in Jamaica.

30-year old white dude who lives with his mother brings in Ukrainian dime to live with them.

White, Christian, morbidly obese 19-year old single mother in rural Georgia falls in love with 25-year old Moroccan Muslim.

30-year old white dude who owns a business selling supplies to pot growers in LA brings over a dime from Russia, telling her that he’s a millionaire. He isn’t. Oh, and she’s crazy. And violent. Crazy Violent. Crazy-crazy.

40-year old black dude in Georgia brings over flaming hot Latina from South America, telling her he’s rich. Upon landing, she wants to go shopping. He takes her to a thrift shop. She meets the gesture with a less-than-perfect reaction and/or maximum enthusiasm. Turns out, he isn’t rich.

Go ahead and grab a seat, so as to safely hear this spoiler: sometimes it doesn’t go well.

Most times, it’s the Americans who are crazy, and you quickly realize why they have to look overseas for a spouse.

Don’t do it, man.

Don’t do this to yourselves.

You don’t need this in your life.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I know an introverted pale, 5'6 130 lb male surgical nurse who went to Colombia, went on a few dates and came back with what's now his wife. Picture the hottest Colombian woman you can imagine and she was close to it. You may want to delete later, but searching Colombian wife and other sites is worth a lookasee. I had a happy hour for a group many years ago at O'Charleys. One spouse came in and he said, "oh, our wives can come?". I said sure. A little while later, his wife walks in and the loud bar happy hour atmosphere and noise came to a comedic halt when all these Hermitage folk saw her. Wearing one of those tiny tube tops held up by breastesess'.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This came out of nowhere.

justingroves likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

eso es lo que

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I stumbled across this a couple of weeks ago. A dude that looked like he'd graduated with honors from the Ben Stancliff School of Life Decisions was in there with a girl that was a solid 8 and spoke limited English. Was strange.

6. Tenacious D

My daughter has sucked me into this madness.

I can’t now get untangled.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The American woman is a wonderful, strong, and loving partner. If you find love abroad, so be it. If you feel like you must seek love abroad, hold the [uck fay]ing phone because you are just going to [uck fay] up two lives at best, maybe more.

I don't like 90 day fiancee stuff even when domestic. When international from a non-peer country, you can't help but be a bit cynical.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

that being said, I had friends who lived together for 10 years with one being a legal resident and the other a citizen. the US gov gave them hell for like a year for them to get married. 10 year fiancee is not a con worth pulling and was a waste of resources.

9. Tenacious D

What’s really terrible is that these people come here, and their host / spouse / American can basically hold their sponsorship over their heads the entire time. If they withdraw it for any reason, the person is deported. And again, it’s usually the Americans who are crazy.

I’d say that you could cut a lot of the shenanigans out by making the American go live in their fiancé’s country for 6 months, first, and then 6 months in the US. Or require that the foreign-born fiancée must be able to be self-sustaining once in the US, learning basic English, gaining a drivers license, etc.

But the requirement that the US person go live in their country for 6 months would kill 99.99% of this, before it even started.

IP likes this.
  10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We had a Jamaican roommate in college.

He found a fat white woman to marry long enough to get his green card. It was interesting seeing it from the other side of the coin.

It makes no sense at all to bring them here and give them a free education just to send them back home.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

this is an interesting idea. how about 6 months total but can be over, say, 3 years.

Tenacious D likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

I've got a client's daughter who married a guy from DR. And I'm awaiting the update that he left her.

And the daughter is crazy.

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I've enjoyed this show when ive came across it. The best part is the crazy Russian girl who was legit duped by the fat guy.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

go on.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

MySpace was on its way down but still had the demographic he was looking for. It was just comical watching him go through MySpace looking to punch his ticket here.

16. CardinalVol

I admire his tenacity and his willingness to do whatever it takes. Honestly, those are the folks we need here.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Thankfully he’s still here.

Living in New York now

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

She's a legend

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

This is how I met my wife.

20. Tenacious D

This is the guy who sells pot supplies and lied about being a millionaire. After she gets here and they’re living in a hotel, she asks why he hasn’t gotten an apartment and he puts her off, without answering. Weeks later, he admits he can’t get an apartment because he was arrested running drugs and is a felon.

He bought a brand new car to impress her when she got here, and she didn’t like it. It wouldn’t hold all of her luggage, so she keyed “IDIOT” into the side of it, in response.

She’s also the one who hacked his apple account, and would just brick his phone if he didn’t answer her call. He’s on a call getting a huge order and she beeps in, he tells her to wait one quick second while he wraps up a huge sale. She immediately hangs up and - CLICK - line is dead, phone is dead and sales call is dead. And then she REPEATEDLY pings the phone as if it’s lost and it makes these loud gong sounds wherever he is.