A (not entirely) hypothetical management question

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tar Volon, Apr 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We can say "shit" but can't post a picture of a lady in a bikini, we need Trump. Bad.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Oh I know. I'm with you 100%. I have no illusions that this job will be permanent if it's being managed like this. I'm just hoping to get as much (1) pay and (2) lines for the resume as she can in the short-term.

And thanks for the congrats! Excited and nervous here.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Congratulations TV

4. Tar Volon

although I guess she should ask for more than a 5k raise--that's what to negotiate to, not from

5. Tar Volon

Thanks!

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

congrats! you might want to see if she qualifies for state disability.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When my wife was pregnant with our oldest, she had been working for a company for 8 months. She had two weeks vacation time and a two week maternity leave.

Two working days before giving birth, she starts taking vacation days. She has some serious complications, is told to stay home 6 weeks. On the last day of her maternity leave, we get a letter saying she will be terminated if she's not at work the next week.

She calls, mentions doctor's notes etc they say they'll get it worked out. 10 days later, we get a letter saying she has 3 days to return items as she has been terminated.

I flipped my shit, raised hell with her employer and had to reimburse them for an iPad.

Anyways, it worked out because business took off and she hasn't had to work since.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Congratulations