adrian peterson indicted in tx

Discussion in 'Sports' started by snoball5278, Sep 12, 2014.

1. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Classy.

2. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

We agree on this, and it's a little controversial!!! Woohoo

3. dknash

dknash Chieftain

I forgive her, she's wearing Zubaz.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I saw Chris carter call out Ray Lewis this morning on ESPN's NFL show

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes. Which was a potential injury with a switch?

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes. All superficial hyped to sound threatening.

7. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I think it's over the line, but I also think it would be next to impossible to convict him in a jury trial.

8. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Anyone hear Barkley's argument? I'm pretty sure a lot of you guys grew up in the south like me and have had to pick your own switch. I'm pretty sure we all had welts on our asses too. But drawing blood, got to get that under control. My wife and I were both joking that our parents would be in jail to this day had they raised us like they did back then

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, overhyped. Whipping a child until he bleeds is no big deal.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My grandmother had a big flat wooden spoon. My great grandfather had an old piece of thin leather or he'd just give you a tap on the head with his walking stick

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I am familiar with switching, picking your own switch included. My stepfather drew blood a few times; it was abuse. I also had my ass beat with a 2X2 once. I don't have children, but I don't think I could ever bring myself to physically punish.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Opened hand spanking, single pop or two, on the bottom is one thing (and I have used it more than once on my youngest. I hate it).

Hitting a child with something until they have welts or cuts is abuse. Anyone that has kids, however, knows how angry your own child can make you. And I hope and pray that with AP this was a one time deal where he just lost control and he learns from it. If it is chronic, however, it needs to be nipped and nipped now. No four year old can do anything that deserves that type of whipping, nor would they truly understand why they are getting whipped till they bleed.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

There's a huge difference between applying heat to the seat and abuse.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I agree with this and am not opposed to what is referenced. I remember hearing my mom cry on the couple of occasions I remember her spanking me or my brother; I think it really did hurt her more.

My fear is loss of control based on personal experience as a child. Although I'm certain I'd be more like my mother than stepfather, I would never want to put myself in a position to go too far.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would never believe anyone could get me as angry as my children can. If I am not mindful with my dealings with them, my anger can well up so fast it bursts out like a volcano. My brother has said the same thing about his two girls.

If you ever have the opportunity to adopt, I would (if it is what you want). Children are a real blessing and teach you things about yourself you could never get otherwise. But be prepared to be put to the test, because they will test you. Over and over and over.

16. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I use to have and go get my own switch, if I didn't come back with the correct size, dad went out and got one. Whoop on.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

My cousin and I would be tasked with picking each other's switches. If one was bigger than the other, he'd make us switch. If they were both small/bad, we'd get double the punishment (and he would find the switch). If they were both good, well, we'd get switched. If someone can find the loving parental lesson in that, let me know. Because I am figuring it was just a drunk man having fun at children's expense.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

The talking whoopins were the worst:

My dad:
    How. *swat* Many. *swat* Times. *swat* Have. *swat* I. *swat* Told. *swat* You. *swat* To. *swat* Never. *swat* Do. *swat* That. *swat* Again. *swat*

Me:

*snub* *snub* *snub* I don't *snub* *snub* knoooow *snub* *snub* *snub*.

Dad:
    Boy. *swat* Don't. *swat* You. *swat* Be *swat* Back. *swat* Talking. (He even broke down compound words to get more swats in...) *swat* Me. *swat* Or. *swat* I'll. *swat* Blister. *swat* Your. *swat* Behind. *swat* Even. *swat* More. *swat* You. *swat* Understand. *swat* Me? *swat*

Me:
    *Afraid to say a word, I keep silent.

Dad:
    Boy. *swat* You. *swat* Better. *swat* Answer. *swat* Me. *swat* When, *swat* I. *swat* Ask. *swat* You. *swat* A. *swat* Question. *swat* You *swat* Had *swat* Enough? *swat**swat**swat*

Me:
    Sheepishly nods yes.

The End.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Haha

I've gotten a few of those in my life Jay

20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Always called those Word Whoopin's! One lick for each word while being held by one hand and running in a circle.