Advice Request.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by hatvol96, Feb 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

I'm finally going to get around to upgrading my phone. I'm either going with the iPhone 4S or the Samsung Galaxy Note. Anyone have strong feelings about which product is superior?

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

My son has a 4S and absolutely loves it! I have the 3G and like it also. He hasn't any problems with it and it does everything he wants it to do. So its been tested by a 20 year old.

3. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I don't have either so I can't give expert advice, but I think the stylus thing would get old after awhile. I just bought the new RAZR and love it. Battery life sucks, so I'd recommend the RAZRMaxx, but the phone itself is top notch.

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

It might not be the best talk on the phone... phone, but I think the iPhone is the best mobile device, and I'm not an Apple fan.

The note, to me, looks rather large. I like Android, as a concept OS, but iOS is more polished. Some of the original Android powered phones had issues connecting to Microsoft Exchange mail servers, but iPhone doesn't have that problem. Most of the tie ins with Google (due to Android being Google's OS) are still functional on the iPhone, and the apps are better for the iPhone.

And again, the iPhone is a full inch smaller in H and W than the Note.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I've used them all: Blackberry for 5 years, Droid for 2-3 years (can't recall specifically), iPhone 3 for 2 years, and have been on iPhone 4 for the last 3 months.

Like Float, I am not an Apple fan, per se. I just like shit that works, is intuitively easy to use, can do all I want, is adaptable, can easily integrate with other stuff (printers, projectors, etc.), and has all of the apps I want / need.

If that's even a partial listing of your needs / criteria, then none do it better than the iPhone4, IMO.

I didn't mind the Blackberry and Droid, generally liked them, and couldn't see the big deal and didn't think that there was a big deal between them and the iPhone. After years of resisting it, I gave in and got one. The difference is immense, and I cant imagine going back to another phone.

My $.02.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I just recently got an iphone 4S and I'm a big fan. I don't know too much about the other phone for comparison, though.

7. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like the iPhone. My beef with it is that it doesn't offer 4G speed. I watch HBOGo on my Droid Bionic all the time. Zero buffer time on a 4G network.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

4S is great.

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I've been using the iPhone 4 for about a year and a half now. I've enjoyed the hell out of it. I haven't experimented with the Android OS phones, so I'm not a lot of help other than to offer a stamp of approval to the iPhone series.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

My father is technologically retarded and uses an iPhone 4 and loves it

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would go with the Samsung Galaxy SII. Its not as big as the Note and it is super powerful. The dual core processor is awesome and gives the phone lots of speed. I'm a big fan of droid phones and I love the droid market. Just my .02.

12. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I have owned IPhones since three 3g and recently got a galaxy sII because my work phone is a iPhone 4s....best phone I have ever owned and happy I switched to Android. As for the note,I don't know too much about it other than its [uck fay]ing huge.

13. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Just switched from the 4 to a Galaxy Nexus. Love the screen size and increased customization/options that come with having a Droid. However, I would recommend the 4s to anyone who really doesn't have the time or desire to fool around with his phone to get it just right.

14. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I was a late convert to the iphone, but I think it is an incomparably amazing machine. My next phone will be a newer version of the iphone. And my next phone after that will be a newer newer version of the iphone.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i have a droid x and it's an excellent phone with a much bigger screen than the wifes iphone. my primarly complaint is the email software for the droid sucks.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

iPhone is the only smart phone I've ever owned, but I have tinkered with others. Apple seems to have the most fluid setup, which I like.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just got a 4s a couple of months ago. I really love it, however it's my first smart phone and such a step up from what I had I don't think I could help but love it. I'm also an admitted Apple cultist sheep.

18. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

the standard droid e-mail software does suck. I primarily use my yahoo and gmail accounts though and so I shut off the standard e-mail set up and use the individual yahoo and gmail apps. Both work great and are basically the same.

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I do the same thing and it works great.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Is it fast twitch?