Alcatraz

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Jan 15, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

New show premiering tomorrow night from the producers of Lost. Looks like it has a few actors from that cast, as well. I'm going to give it a shot. Anyone else?

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Definitely looking forward to it. I would also advise folks to give The Firm a chance. I really liked the first two episodes.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

When and where do I catch The Firm?

Also, I saw a commercial for some show about an expedition into the jungle to find some lost explorer. It looked cool but I forget the title and the network carrying it.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The Firm premiered last Sunday, but will be on Thursday at 10pm on NBC regularly. Starring Josh Lucas.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm waiting to see if Alcatraz sticks. Every time I watch and get hooked on a show like this, it ultimately fails.

On The Firm - is it a 2011 plot for the book, or entirely new story?

6. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

A continuation of the original book, set in 2011.

7. WM

WM Active Member

Not sure about this show yet. Looks like they are trying to mimic the Lost style down to the background music and the "surprise" at the end of each episode, cue the fade to the name of the show. The big draw of Lost was of course the mystery and weekly mind[uck fay]s but the emotional investment you put in the characters was just as big of a part of the show as well. Not sure if they can pull that aspect off. The blonde cop running and bouncing around in those low cut shirts was the only emotional investing I could get into so far.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah even the logo looks ripped off from Lost. Still worth another view, though.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

This is one of those "since I have DVR I'll keep watching it shows." Not bad, but not sure yet.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I gave up on Lost after the premiere and that ended up being a big mistake.

11. I liked what I saw last night. I will continue watching until they introduce the smoke monster.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I DVR'd it. Worth watching?

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I watched the first 2 episodes last night. I was skeptical, but I think it has potential.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lost pissed me off something fierce. Total bullshit to manipulate your audience and then end up giving them nothing. There was never a coherent end-game planned, they just had to make one up after seasons of loose ends had piled up. And it was obvious.

15. Smowkee

Smowkee New Member

Show is pretty interesting so far. Two episodes back to back was a little much though. I'm curious to see what the deal is.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Probably a good thing that black cop died so he didn'thave to live with the shame of being badly outjumped by a white chick.

17. Fleetwood1104

Fleetwood1104 New Member

i'm really getting into this show so far, not so much as a "i can't wait until next week" kind of thing but it's definately in the weekly rotation of show. one downside for me is some of the major logistical flaws, mainly the fat [uck fay] dr that all the sudden knows how to operate fbi level computers