All About Oregon v. tOSU

Discussion in 'Sports' started by kidbourbon, Jan 11, 2015.

1. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

Did this lady just reference him having a baby this season as something he had to overcome. Last time I checked it didn't shoot out his ******** or anything.

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

If he's worth a dn as a father, I would say you've accomplished something to so school and football on top of learning how to parent.

4. wildnkrazykat

If. I don't know one way or another.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Dude is a hell of a player. Runs downhill all the time, just violent. Great vision and speed, can make the hard cuts and is an absolute load to take down. He's also a great blocker and pass catcher.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If Meyer says that stupid ass smug line of Ohio State as "one of the greatest stories in college football history" one more time, then I vote we find a way to retroactively give Bama the title. In fact, I have no doubt that the Alabama AD is assiduously attempting to find out how this will be possible and ordering their next self-proclaimed banner already.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I mean, how many teams have lost a potential Heisman candidate at QB, only to have the backup emerge as a Heisman candidate, only to have him go down and have the 3rd string QB play like he did in the 3 biggest games of the year?

8. wildnkrazykat

I'm just glad we can stop hearing that Centuries song

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Someone on Twitter just showed how UTC is the national champion by the transitive property:

Chattanooga > Indiana State > Ball State > Akron > Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh > Boston College > USC > Arizona > Oregon

Pittsburgh > Virginia Tech > Ohio State

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Makes more sense as Bama claiming a title.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I went to bed when it was 21-20. fOSU was fumbling the ball all over the place.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

How do you commit four turnovers and win 42-20? And now we know why these super fast, spread finesse teams will not win. Why Oregon shits the bed against teams like Stanford who just punch them in the mouth and then run off tackle all night.

And how bad is FSU when they got steamrolled by that Oregon team.

13. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Zeke Elliott! Wow!!

Saban, now Meyer. Damn!!!

I'm now exponentially more of a Jim Harbaugh / Michigan fan! Go Big Blue!!!

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

The spread teams exaggerate the margin of victory that would be there between two traditional offenses. If Oregon has a 10 point edge on a team, they exploit the hell out of it and win by 5 TD's. If they are even or don't have an edge, they can get run instead. That is why they can go from scoring 40 or 50 a game to struggling to score 20, when the difference in opponent is comparatively slight.

Those are fool's gold blowouts.

15. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Props to those who picked tOSU.

16. kidbourbon

So if they can score, they'll score a lot, but if they can't score, they won't score?

That's deeeep.

17. kidbourbon

I don't care much for the heisman, but he's real real good.

18. kidbourbon

That's awesome.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The game played out the exact opposite of how I thought it would.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

No disrespect, but you seem to struggle to separate out that a 50 point win isn't necessarily a sign of superiority over a team with a 30 point win.