Another split for the fan base over a coach?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by SavageOrangeJug, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

That's a good point, droski. As far as 'sure-fire' hires, King Johnny was probably the last one we made, with him coming off a NC.

2. awmoste

awmoste New Member

He needs at least 8 wins and then a bowl victiry to give Vols Fans that loving feeling

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Not sure I would be happy with 8 wins. Sure, some seasons are down and you can't win 10+ games every year but 8 seems mediocre to me.

4. I realize we are not on the same talent level as several other SEC teams. That is not the issue I have we Dooley.

We suck at the basic fundamentals of the game. That is poor coaching. The fact it took us 7 games in to snap a ball cleanly screams volumes. We get 2 procedure penalties in a row when attempting a 4th and 1? That onside kick fiasco? Should that not be enough cause for concern, I have two words. Halftime adjustments, does this staff know even what those words mean?

5. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

don't ask rpvol what he expects. he expects 10 wins next year. i almost laughed when he told me that. if we get 10 that's great, but that's def not my expectations

6. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Next season, we have an NC State team that got blown out by Cincinnati, Akron, Troy, and 1aa Georgia St for an even worse OOC slate than this year. In conference, we have Kentucky, Florida, Bama, and Arkansas at home, Mississippi St, South Carolina, Georgia, and Vandy on the road.

What are your expectations? What record would cause you to be disappointed?

7. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

i'm looking for 8 wins honestly, however it depends on the recruiting class, and if we don't have injuries in key positions.

8. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

So basically, 2-4 against Bama, SC, Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, and MSU, or worse if anybody gets hurt, would be OK?

That seems like a pretty low bar and not much progress in year 3.

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

that would be progress considering we haven't beaten anyone the last year or this year. is florida winnable? possibly. bama? idk. msu? possibly. ga? possibly. there are way to many variables right now to say one way or the other

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If he goes 2-4 against that SEC slate in year three, it's time to fire the jet up.