Anti-LGBT/Religious Freedom Laws

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tar Volon, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Babies hear inside of the the womb and can remember sounds from the womb after birth.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I don't think we've agreed, or have reached any consensus, that either consciousness or sentience is any suitable standard by which to measure life.

What is your basis for believing that this is best?

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We'd all be on your side if we were as smart as you.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've made multiple posts on the subject and don't think it is necessary to just repeat them all when they're no more than a few days. If you have another metric that only applies to human beings and nothing else, share it.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

:hi:

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is pointless deflection. If you don't want to get into it, then don't. No need to act like I'm belittling you for defending and championing my view.

7. OrangeEmpire

:hi:

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not until they are viable, which is when they are not legal to be aborted anyway.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You haven't lately. Just trying to save you time.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm condescending, while simultaneously having absolutely no idea on this topic because I haven't reproduced, myself. Got it.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You previously seemed to indicate viability was not an important characteristic when considering the ethics of abortion.

12. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Responses like these are utterly ridiculous -- especially when cast under the guise of Christian pretenses. And you wonder why people dislike Christianity.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He didn't comment on Christianity. Seemed more like a refutal of IP's claim that he had sufficient knowledge due to being around other people's babies.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, I clearly deserve death. The Lord of the Bible can't stand the killing of children or the unborn. You know, if he didn't explicitly order it.

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty much.

16. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

True, there was no direct reference to it, but Card's beliefs are well-documented. To deny that type of background doesn't at all influence one's opinion on the subject, then say one should suicide for not being "substantially moved" when at their child's ultrasound is laughably inconsistent with his religion's views. Considering the New Testament's dogmatic approach toward "loving thy neighbour" and such; well, I'm sure the picture's been painted enough.

17. OrangeEmpire

He's speaking as a passionate father.

18. CardinalVol

Actually I usually don't wonder.

But congrats on making your first coherent point on this board in almost two years. Way to go buddy!

19. CardinalVol

He's just speaking as a guy who thinks it's laughable that someone who isn't a father thinks he knows what it's like to see the heartbeat on the ultrasound for the first time.

20. OrangeEmpire

;)

I love my adopted kids as much as my biological turds.

Being a father changes you.