Any Of You's Guy's Had Any Experience With Preemie Babies?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NYY, Oct 26, 2011.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Congrats. Hope he grows up healthy and happy.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

You're correct. We have a 19 month old little girl named Kinsleigh.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Congrats NYY. A toast to healthy and happy years: May he be hell on those women, and be his father's son.

4. WM

WM Active Member

Congrats man. If a nurse starts talking to your wife about the wonders of cloth diapers, slap the [uck fay] out of her and tell her to leave the room. God i hate those things.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'm going to get paid back for everything I did. I know it.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

We had a friend that tried them and said they were miserable. You seconding the motion will be passed on to my wife.

7. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

My son was born at 31 weeks and is now almost 4. He is perfectly healthy.

Unfortunately my wife's water broke at 22 weeks on Oct 20 and the baby girl did not survive as her lungs were not developed. We had a normal labor but nothing can be as painful as watching your little girl die. She did not suffer according to the doctors. Had we known about the cervicle cerclage this may have prevented the miscarriage. However, we were never given the option by our OB. My wife's previous history would have indicated that my wife had an incompetant cervix.

For those who have had premies and plan to have children again, i would suggest discussing with your OB about getting the cervix stitched during the early part of pregnancy.

8. WM

WM Active Member

My gf went off the deep end with them from day one. She is now an expert on all that is cloth and buys them from websites all the time.

9. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Congrats, NYY. Glad it went smoothly.

10. ncmedicman

ncmedicman Member

Congrats! Good sized young'n for showing up early. The lungs are the last organs to fully develop, so if he didn't require surfactant after delivery and isn't needing O2 now, you probably will be good to go.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Sorry to hear, but happy your son is healthy. We lost one prior to my daughter and one after. It's rough. Moments like tonight make it worthwhile to try again. This will be our last one. My heart can't physically take the stress that went along with this pregnancy. I can honestly say I am not as strong as I thought I was. Grateful for a healthy baby boy beyond explanation.

12. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

Thank you. We will try again when she is physically and mentally ready. Its a tough pill to swallow but like you said we are thankful for what we have. To all those who had preemies, it is stressful but a damn good feeling bringing them home.

13. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Congrats, NYYVol.

This stuff is stressful business...

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Got that old man receding hairline going on.

17. vollygirl

vollygirl Guest

NYY he's beautiful! Congratulations!

LCV, I'm so sorry.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Thanks VG.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Congrats NY.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod