Any Of You's Guy's Had Any Experience With Preemie Babies?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NYY, Oct 26, 2011.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

On a side note, both my daughters were C-sections. 1st due to failure to progress re dialation (kind of like our offensive line) after 23 hours of labor and some minor distress. The 2nd was by choice. I was too chicken shit to be in the OR. I was where the man belongs: in the waiting room with
    a dip of Griz talking to my dad. A bonus with this tactic was that I wasn't blamed for being the asshole that did that to her.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

*dilation. Oops. On mobile and haven't figured out how to edit yet. Plus I get to pad my post count.

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

NYY, just now read this thread. Congratulations! I'm glad everything went smoothly.

4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Thanks Law.

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

1. Didn't name either Peyton or Al Mother [uck fay]ing Wilson? Negavol, IMO.

2. I'll have to trust genetics to ensure that he is "like his father" - given my geographical distance.

3. Congrats, NYY glad to hear that both mom and son are doing well. Best thing ever. Bar none.

6. Tenacious D

What'd you do with the other 6 seconds during conception?

7. Tenacious D

This warrants as much consideration as allowing your child to attend an overnight Penn State football camp, or to be homeschooled at Neverland Ranch.

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Congrats NY, my wife and I just had our first child, a daughter, in August. It's amazing when they start to follow you with their eyes and become alert to their surroundings. She's the best thing to ever happen to me and I know you feel the same way about your son.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Glad this thread had a happy ending.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Smoked.

11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

There's nothing like it. Our 19 month old is just fun to watch. The wipeouts are the best humor a man can have.

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

So looks like my wife and I are having twins. Doctor originally thought there was problems, now we are at week 9 and everything looks great. scary stuff. Looks like we need to rename 8thmaxim to baby central.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Congrats.

If you get a boy and a girl you can quit right there.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's my plan. I shudder if it's two boys and then the wife wants to go for number 3 for a girl and we get another set of two. If that happens i'll be booking flights to brazil.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Congrats. They be some fertile bastards on this site.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Thanks guys. Not sure i can credit my little guys too much since the wife was on clomid. though the nurse did seem particuraly impressed by my "specimen" when i got it checked.

How are the kids doing NYYVol?

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Congrats droski!

Wife had an ultrasound today. Right now I am the proud father of Skelator.

My friends' baby that had to be taken at 26 weeks is now home from the hospital. Still has to be on oxygen, but from where he started, it's amazing.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

26 weeks is crazy.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

She was bleeding internally and they had to. They put her on bed rest, in the hospital, everything. They couldn't stop it and had no other choice.

20. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Congrats NY!!!! Droski, the best to you and your wife!

BTW when my little darlings were born, the oldest was 23 1/3 and weighed 9-15, and the runt of the litter was 21 1/2 and 9-1!