Any Questions for Butch?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by punkcat, Jul 18, 2014.

1. punkcat

punkcat Member

My morning with Coach Jones. Plane was about 20 minutes late due to the weather. Very likeable guy, laid back, will answer every question thrown at him and will sign every autograph and photograph. Coach Thigpen came with him.

He's got a busy day. After the breakfast he flies back to Knoxville and starts work with the Orange Carpet. I ask him if he ever stops and he has no home life. He and his wife pass in the house and say "hi".

>His football plan is on schedule. "There will some bumps in the road this year but I promise to give you a program you will be proud of.
    >Grades: Last semester, there were only 4 D's in the entire football team, the rest A, B, and C's.
    >Hating Alabama comes with the territory but he respects them.
    >Recruiting quality kids: They evaluate not only the kid but also the family and environment. If they don't think the prospect will adapt to UT's system or the family atmosphere is not good, they will stop recruiting them. Have passed on several prospects because of this.
    >He will let the fans decide what to do with Kiffin.
    >I like him. He works a room well. Not a big rah-rah guy, gives you straight answer.
    >A lady in the crowd said she got an instant message from UT about a BIG commit. Coach said he couldn't talk about but "something big is coming down the pipe."
    >He really likes cops, I guess he got that from his dad. The man didn't even have time to eat breakfast. He looked exhausted.
    >It appears Thigpen is doing the major recruiting. Working on some Brentwood Academy guys.

I'll post some pics later.

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Awesome

:hi:

3. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Thanks punkcat!

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Thanks, punk. I bet he gets about 4 hours of sleep a night. The last year and a half, taking over this shithole of a program, probably aged the man 10 years.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Thanks for that, punk

6. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

You're the man and not just because you have a badge or uniform.

7. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Damn right, he's got a gun too.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

'Preciate the info punk. You' re a better man than I because I would have asked some of the crackpot questions given here.

9. JayVols

And backup.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Good work.

11. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm a little disappointed an opportunity to taser an Alabama or Florida fan didn't arise, but all in all good work.

13. KenTenn

I got eight but that's not what makes me a man. Well, nine if you count the organic one. The only one which does make me a man. Otherwise the squishy thing encased in the hard shell sitting at the apex of your neck dictates how much of a man you are. And Punky has it I do believe. Oh sheet! How'd you get me to rattling off about artillery, biology, and math!? Least I got a cure. Fresh ground coffee, three eggs scrambled with black pepper and crushed garlic, three slices of thick bacon, hash browns, Amish bought butter, and Texas jalepeno jelly. Yeah, that'll do it.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  14. JayVols

What the hell just happened here?

15. KenTenn

I fell off an apple and landed head first an anvil. Could happen to anyone.

On a more serious note, I just saw something online that's interesting at least to me. I think the uploader is a Vols fan with an interesting way of showing it. Will try to watch the whole thing and post the link here.

16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I'm gonna say drugs. Idc, it's entertaining as hell.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Winner

18. KenTenn

19. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Dude, are you making all these nonsensical videos?

20. KenTenn

I don't have the computer know-how. I'm pretty good with a wordprocessor, though.
    And I know how to copy and paste real good.