Are You Buying....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GahLee, Aug 2, 2012.

1. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

The Patterson hype?

All indications are that this guy is the real deal. Obviously got to prove it in the field but he's getting rave reviews from his teammates.

2. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

CP can play.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Depends. We talking main board hype or recruit board hype?

I'm thinking 30-35 catches, right behind Rivera.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  4. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm with you chavis.

5. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Just overall hype.

I'm thinking about 40 catches for close to 600 yards and 6 TD's.
    But if he is as good as people are saying he is, who knows.
    When Hunter/Rogers/Bray go on record saying he is a combination of the first two, that's a bold statement.

6. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

There's not a lot of balls to go around. Justin and Da'Rick will get most of the catches and with Dooley determined to show everyone they can run the ball, I'm not sure what's left for CP.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

[​IMG]

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If he is good enough to essentially cause double coverages on hunter and/or Rodgers to not be possible, then I am happy.

9. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

javascript:fn_open_popup_image('image.php?object_type=detailed&image_id=1518&window=popup',%20500,%20358%20+%2030);

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he'll have around 35 catches and 4 to 6 TDs.

Bray is going to throw it around about 35 times a game. Hunter and Da'Rick are going to get 10 to 12 each, Rivera around 6 to 8. They are going to use screens quite a bit too. There's just not a lot left for a 3rd WR when Rivera is as good as he is at pass catching

11. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I consider 4 catches a game from your 4th target a pretty gosh darn good number. Maybe it's because I always dream about a power running game though.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oh yeah, but people are expecting three 1,000 yard WRs this upcoming season.

The hype surrounding him is going to be impossible for him to live up to

13. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

I thought it was well agreed upon within the members of this site that Vol fans are stupid for the most part?

14. NukemVol

NukemVol Member

I'm just glad it wasn't the other Rogers brother in those pictures.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think there's a dumb vocal minority, but that can be said about most all fanbases.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

And I'm not necessarily even talking about the fanbase. Chavis has said he's the best he's ever saw play, evaluators for 24/7 have called him a 1st round talent and some analysts are calling him a can't miss prospect.

That's all good except he's making a huge jump in competition and he's playing beside two other 1st round talents that know the system in and out. Barring injury, he's not going to see enough balls thrown his way to live up to the hype.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I'm guessing he'll get the call on a jet sweep or 4.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Until the first ACL pops, anyway. IF he's as good as they say, he'll get plenty of touches.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

But what about other series in a game?

20. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Could end up returning kicks.