Are You Buying....

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by GahLee, Aug 2, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If Bray, Hunter and Rogers are all healthy, season and career records will be broken by the 10th game.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They're going to have to score 35+ points if they throw it that much. The defense will be gassed if the Vols don't figure out how to run the ball and eat some clock.

4. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

And we've won at least 8 of those 10, I would think.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You've got more faith in the d than I do.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yes because there is only really 3 lbs worth a damn on the roster and Clark, Ayres and Hood are the backups on the dl. The back 4 are a mess too.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

.....But those are character guys!

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I thought Alan Carson had a decent Spring.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Clark supposedly did

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

The d line has more guys than that. Whether they are good or not is a different story, but....

Fowlkes, Bohanon, Sentimore, Couch, McCullers, Dante Phillips, Latroy Lewis, J. Williams, Corey Miller, Marlon Walls, Ayres, Allan Carson, Daniel Hood, Danny O'Brien, Gregory Clark, Trevarris Saulsberry, and Trent Taylor. Don't forget about Jacques Smith being able to go down on the line some, and it wouldn't surprise me if A.J Johnson played a little 4 technique.

Point is, we have depth, whether it is quality or not is a different story.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Quality is better than quantity

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

The more I think about it, the more I am convinced this team is going to knock off some team it should not beat (re: UGA or SC) and lay a complete egg against someone it has no business losing to (Vandy or UK).

And if they beat NC State, I would not be overly shocked if they curb-stomped Florida.

14. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

There is 0% chance this team loses to Kentucky after last year. That is 1 game I am willing to bet the house on that we win, along with Ga State, Akron, and Troy.

15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

We need 8-10 guys to step up on the DL.

Walls, Couch, Sentimore, Fowlkes, Clark, and Taylor seemed to be the names in spring. Sentimore showed up out of shape though. McCullers should step into the rotation immediately. Need 2-4 more guys to step up.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  16. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I actually was impressed with his appearance.

17. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

If they didn't give 2 shitts about that game last year, what makes you think you'll see any more effort if this season bellies up?

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

People also may want to get geared up for Troy. I'll go ahead and predict there will be a neyland record for total points scored that day.

19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

javascript:edit(149799)

This is twice I've tried to post this so you will have to use your imagination.

SOLD

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Troy and yes, vandy, are good candidates for trap games.