Arkansas stopped paying Bielema's buyout

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by 2Maggitt2Quit, Oct 24, 2019.

1. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Holy smoke, had no idea Dabo made over $9 mil a year. Lordy.

Also, lets stop paying Butch. Yesterday.

Memtownvol likes this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Not sure we will have a leg to stand on with Butch. I truly believe no one wanted to hire him for anything.

4. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Is he looking, actively? Is he taking a salary in Tuscaloosa?

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A good agent shows where Butch interviewed, but I don't know if Sexton is that good.

What's getting Brett in hot water is the fact he's working as an NFL assistant for 50k. That's not the going rate for an NFL assistant. Butch is getting paid exactly what his position should make.

6. TheOrangeEmpire

TheOrangeEmpire Active Member

Butch and Rutgers are made for each other.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's making around 30k in Tuscaloosa. He has had his name floated for Maryland and now Rutgers.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I asked someone involved with his contract if we could stop the payments based in year 2 at Tuscaloosa and he told me we could not.

9. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

He's contractually obligated to immediately seek employment of a comparable nature ie assistant or head college football coach, assistant or head professional football coach, or athletics administrator.

Is he actively fulfilling contract duties?

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think there's enough there that's he's attempting to get work but no one will hire him.

However, Saban said Butch turned down a few jobs to stay in Tuscaloosa.

All that does is prove what a chickenshit loser Butch is

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Ive never understood the clause on the schools end.

He can "reach out" or interview periodically and meet that the standard of "seeking" which doesn't have to mean accepting which is what gets the previous school off the hook.

Its pennies, but the clause shouldn't allow him to make 30k as a coffee guy plus his buyout.

A-Smith likes this.
  12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's why that dipshit changed to Sexton

A-Smith likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have been waiting and anticipating Jones similarly screwing up, but he has not. Believe me, I was ready to beat this drum if he took a coaching job for less than the market rate.

14. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Arky did the right thing. Wish we could too but B*tch is proving he was overpaid for four years and continues to be overpaid during his buyout phase.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He pays Saban $5 a day and spit shines his shoe lifts?

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It’s an admin-pleasing but largely asinine clause, and not only because of the terrible optics of getting into a fight with a former coach about promised monies still owed to him, but much worse, because you will mightily struggle to get any coach who is worth a shit, thereafter.

justingroves likes this.
  17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I’m curious as to what happened with Maryland. According to most reports, he was set to go with Locksley to be TE/AHC. Then all of a sudden that chatter died down, and he stays at Bama. Pretty much their entire offensive staff left, and Saban has a good track record of promotion the ‘analysts’, yet he still remained an intern.

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

He also gets to keep the discarded lifts.

19. Beechervol

Oh definitely. Its a worthless clause if the coach wants to go get a clerical job and make some side $ while you are paying him off.

Its next to impossible to even go after one for that and if you do as you said will bite you on the next hire.

20. Beechervol

Yep.

He was at least intelligent enough to do that much.