Austin Nichols PF TN '13

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by gorockytop101, Feb 6, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't want him, other than to Memphis state off.

2. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Jarrod Uthoff transferred inside the Big 10 without a release. He simply sat out a year and had to pay his own way.

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Here is a question for the board....

If you were Austin in this scenario and you are not transferring to a school like Duke/UK/etc that is in the title hunt each year....instead of sitting out a year, do you just go to Europe/China/etc and focus on getting stronger and working on your game in preparation for the draft next year while getting paid or do you stay state side and sit out a year?

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If I were a big time athlete with serious NBA ability and knew that playing professional ball was my goal in life, I go abroad. I'm surprised more top prospects don't.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I don't think most 18 year old kids are real keen on leaving the country and living in a completely different country on their own. Think of how many freshmen get homesick their first year of college and threaten to leave, transfer, etc. I imagine that takes away a lot of the lure of going overseas for a year. Plus, no teenage American basketball player watches Olympiakos on TV, but they sure as hell watch Kansas and Duke.

6. hatvol96

The ones who get good advice would also know they'd be sitting on the bench for any decent Euroleague team.

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Family has hired an attorney and is seeking to remove any restrictions from his release.... Wonder if this implies they could be interested in TN.

8. dknash

dknash Chieftain

The random stuff I've seen said he's trying for Virginia, and if it doesn't happen then Duke.

9. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Gary Parrish, on his Memphis radio show, just said Nichols wants to got to UVA and also that Memphis thinks UVA has been working this behind the scenes for a while now.

The lawyer just took a verbal dump on Memphis' coach and programs.

Parrish also is saying Memphis should just let it go and not be further embarrassed by this.

10. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Memphis took about 2 hours to cave in... Unconditional release

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So anything NCAA related, just lawyer up. Seems to work pretty damn well whether a school vs NCAA or a student v school.

12. hatvol96

Memphis wanted zero part of a fight with Don Jackson.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm enjoying Memphis state fans in an uproar over this.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Wish it was the Vols instead of VA

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Barnes is showing interest. Apparently Kentucky is as well. Not sure if it will change anything.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I love this entire episode. All of it.