Average GPA of Football Team

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Apr 21, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Troll.

Aren't there two summer semesters? That gives them a chance for two consecutive semesters above a 2.0 right?

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Mini-term in May and then one summer semester. Not sure mini-term would count. As I recall there aren't many classes offered an the max hours is like 4.

3. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

Seeing as Dooley's claim to apparent success is the building of character of young men, having 30 players on academic probation seems a bit of a fail. Actually its pretty [uck fay]ing pathetic.

4. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Just part of the bamboo harvesting process. Hell, we might have to have 75 people on academic probation before we can win championships. All you negevols just need some damn patience.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hey, Dooley is on the same page as the tutors now, all is well

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That sounds like an excuse to me. So, because there were new tutors, the players couldn't get the [uck fay]ing work done?

7. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

I thought Dooley was exaggerating but I only recognize like two people in the Thornton Center. What happened I wonder?

8. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

The tutors are new every year. It's the support staff that is brand new. (Not making excuses... I was just shocked at the turnover).

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Still, the players have their own slice of the accountability pie.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I don't think this is an excuse. I mean he didn't just make it the [uck fay] up that all the tutors and stuff were new. he has a lot of problems but im not gonna hold the grade issue over his head yet. If it continues then yeah I will, but change is something that takes some adjusting to. I could compare it to transferring this last semester. I took me a month and a half at least to get used to TTU as opposed to VSCC. It takes a while to adjust to new people to ya know.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So, let's say the players took as long as you did to acclimate to the new staff. There's still 2 months to get their shit together and back on track.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

That is a good point, but I would imagine the way the season was going was hard on them. If their grades aren't better during this current semester, then its time to worry, but I would say they have surely improved.

Also, let me point out that during that first month and a half, I didn't get the grades I wanted. My grades have gotten better as the semester has went on, but its hard to recover from a bad start to the term. Normally in one of my current classes I would have a B, but due to my transition period not being where it needed to be, i will have a C in that course.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  13. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Sorry but I'm not buying the "they misunderstood me and I misunderstood them" - LOL - that's one of the saddest excuses I've ever heard from a head coach.

What was the misunderstanding? That the tutors actually were supposed to be taking the tests for the players? And the new staff didn't know that yet?

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I understand rebounding late completely, but they had to have somewhere in the neighborhood of a 25-40 to not be able to pull it up to a C. Theoretically, half of the grades were left plus the final. Misunderstanding or not, that's way too low.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  15. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I don't see how the HC shouldn't take the bulk of the burden here.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Men's and women's sports coming to one budget

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Some on toos can literally find an excuse or someone else to blame for anything.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's pathetic

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He didn't know the new guys yet and 24 guys failed a final. That's all.

There are some players that are damn near hopeless. Dennis Rogan actually tried for 2 years, failed while giving good effort and gave up. Some are just stupid and refuse to take advantage of the opportunity presented to them, but when it's this many at one time, the HC should get a lot of the blame. It's a huge problem.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Absolutely no accountability for anyone, according to them. Besides it being the fans' fault for UT's losing record the past 2 years and losing recruits.