Avoid the rush, hate Georgia NOW!!! And game thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Savage Orange, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I don’t see any way UT wins this game but I hope the defense gets it together enough to keep it interesting. We’ve already proven we can score points but the question is whether we can slow a really good team down enough to stay close.

And….

[uck fay] Georgia.

Lexvol likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The pressure is all on them.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Kirby will make Hooker think.

I’d like to see us motion some more this week to hopefully allow him to get a better read on a lot of the split field coverages we will see.

InVolNerable and Savage Orange like this.
  4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

As much as I hate them, you really have to hand it to Captain Buttcut and his crew… they’re really, REALLY good this year. I hope bama (or even better, somebody like Cincy) ruins their NC hopes because UGa fans are utterly obnoxious and have been forever… once they have a title they can brag about, they’ll be that much more insufferable.

Tar Volon likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

UGA is capable of self-destructing at any time.

6. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

If Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio State didn’t all sync up their down year times I’d have no worries about them losing in the playoffs or against Clemson earlier this year/Bama in the SEC chip. BS if we have to put up with these idiots winning a natty having to go through Cincy, Oregon, and the big pillowfight champion

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn’t expect us to have a chance against Bama, but we came out with a pretty competent game plan and executed it very well.

I see no reason we can’t do that again here and at least stay competitive for a couple quarters.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Hate early, and hate often.

Savage Orange and OneForVol like this.
  9. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

They historically drop one game a year inexplicably to a team they have zero bidness losing to. I hope it’s a traditional jawja Saturday.

10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I can't officially hate uga bc a friend of mine's dad was a dawg and he was just a great man. Sadly, he is no longer with us but it was fun to jab with him when I was in college. So I don't hat'em but I sure as hell won't help any of them out.

11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I didnt use to hate ga until spazz Kirby and young ga fans for years acting like they've done anything but beat up on a down east

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My hatred began in neyland stadium in early October in 1997.

It was solidified the next year in Athens.

One of my favorite UT wins ever was the 19 to 14 win in 2004.

justingroves and Tar Volon like this.
  14. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I was the 04 game.

They really thought they were something, nobody was friendly. We trolled the shit out of them post game.

justingroves and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

A pair of UGA fans told me to clean up the trash around the parking lot the next time they were coming as we were walking by SecondCreek where storm runoff collects a lot of garbage right as it hits the river. I tried to run into them after the game but it seems they may have left before I did.

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I still can’t believe that Richt faked that punt.

justingroves and CardinalVol like this.
  17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And it lingers too. See: Matthew Stafford vs. Titans.

justingroves likes this.
  18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

First game I ever saw in Neyland was in 8th grade, 1999. I was kind of a UT fan then, but really enjoyed following individual players more - Eric Crouch is still probably one of my all-time favorite college players. My brother, though, was a huge fan, so more often than not I’d side with whomever UT was playing just to piss him off.

But my one of my buddies had an extra ticket to the Georgia game that year and invited me to come. I don’t think I truly understood college football until I stepped into that stadium. I was still only 3 years removed from walking to frozen ponds to play hockey at recess in the seemingly perpetual frozen landscape of Northern Ontario. I knew about hockey rivalries; I obviously knew nothing about real rivalries.

That game had a little bit of everything in it. Stallworth burning their DBs, punter safety, pound it down their throat methodical drives that actually ended with a TD, a close scare comeback. I remember some Georgia fans turning around and telling us it’d be a really fun drive home for them that night when they capped it off, followed by their absurd backup mating call - the kind I imagine they’d use if squealing like a piggy didn’t first work out for them. Having the higher ground, I was tempted to drop kick a mother[uck fay]er, but a lack of alcohol kept my better sense of judgement in tact. And thankfully so, because a Leonard Scott dagger to the heart kickoff return for a TD turning those fans’ jubilance to despair gave me a feeling I wouldn’t feel again until prima coitus.

I was sold not only on college football being the greatest sport on earth, but the Vols being the greatest team to ever step foot on any field. It’s the glimmer of hope I’ve gone back to year in and year out over the past decade plus to keep my optimism alive. That we can get back to that again. Because a fire like that never truly dies, it just lays dormant; waiting on the spark to set it right back off again. And because that first experience was against Georgia and their absurd adults actually walking around barking like they had just walked out of the Lakeshore Institute against medical advice, I have a special place in my heart for Georgia hate.

Go Vols. [uck fay] Georgia.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

UGA has yet to experience any type of in-game adversity. They're easily good enough to overcome some untimely turnovers and setbacks but if you're Kirby you kinda wish that if they were to have a bad half of football that they get it out of the way before the postseason begins.

Tennessee doesn't matchup well against them but they haven't really seen anything close to our pace. The only way that we make this a game is if we somehow find something we can do inside that forces them into some bad matchups that can be exploited down the field.

In the end, I don't think we'll be able to frustrate them enough offensively.

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Bama is not nearly as good as they've been in the past. That game frustrated me