@BadLuckVolFan

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by JohnnyQuickkick, Aug 2, 2012.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Who's Roger? Woods?

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Guy who calls in to Knoxville talk radio every day. He has a stuttering problem and his phone calls are pretty painful to listen to.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It's worse than those animal shelter commercials with the Sarah MacLaughlin music.

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Credit where it's due - they welcome his call, are patient with him and he's usually on in the drive-time slots.

5. CardinalVol

I'm still not convinced he's not a troll.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The worst is I've heard a few people call in and tell Jimmy how nice he is for taking Roger's calls. These geniuses apparently didn't consider that Roger actually listens to the show and a stuttering problem doesn't mean he can't understand you are basically referring to him as a massive inconvenience for which Jimmy deserves a medal simply for tolerating.

7. CardinalVol

That said, I'd still rather listen to him than Don from Swee****er.

8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Pretty much anyone that calls in daily annoys the crap out of me. There's one guy that calls in when Brent Hubbs is on and basically repeats the Rivals info about recruits back to Hubbs as if it is new information.

9. CardinalVol

I don't see how you listen to it. I really don't. Better fan than me.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Eh. Usually just during commercial breaks on 105.3.

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Thanks. I thought I remembered the food company being something that started with an "A", and I guess I never really payed attention to Bobby Denton, haha.

12. CardinalVol

Aramark.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

New favorite:

"Calls Tennessee Bonding Company. Isn't reunited."

14. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That's one of those that you have to basically live in Knoxville to get. This guy is on top of it for sure.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Is he the dude with a gruff voice....and who calls every....single.....show.....every....single.....day?

I can't stand him - or the call that calls up and acts like he's auditioning for a spot on the morning show, by giving observations, general news, talking strategy, etc.

I also hate the older guy who calls in the afternoons, and usually offers some softball question and hangs up to listen.

I hate the callers who call in with an impromptu trivia question for John and Jimmy. Typically, it involves some baseball stat from the 40's, and takes up 20 minutes of Hubbs' segment on recruiting.

I hate the "Sports Fix at Six" trivia question, or as I call it, "Confused Hicks at Six". It's usually my clue to change to Sirius.

I hate the people who call in and ask the exact same question as one of the 3-5 previous callers, only worded slightly differently.

I hate the people who call in and ask over-arching questions requiring answers that no one could possibly foretell. Such as, "Jimmy, you think Tennessee is going to use more of the 3-4 on their side of the field, as opposed to the 4-3?"

I hate anyone who calls in and is not a Tennessee fan. If Tennessee fans wanted to hear someone's opinion on LSU, we'd listen to a station out of Baton Rouge. And we'd be stupid.

I hate people who call in and plug their favorite players from the local high school team, and then seem wildly offended when someone doesn't know if they're on Tennessee's radar. Look, if your third string sophomore TE is a "burner", Tennessee will contact him. If they don't contact him, it isn't because they're relying on your keen player evaluation skills to bail them out - its because he sucks.

I hate people who call in just to tell others what they should or should not be talking about.

I hate it when John interviews some local baseball player, even if they have gone on to something greater. Unless it's Todd Helton or someone similar, keep your private chats as just that - private. Even better is when they re-air the interview during drive time.

I hate the incessant whoring that they do to commercials. I understand that they have to pay the bills. But it's getting to the point where you're listening to an infomercial, with some sports sprinkled in. Selling the naming of their studios is laughable ("From the Budweiser Studios....")

I hate that people actually believe that the hosts have any more valid of an opinion than the common fan who pays attention. They don't. They are people who were journalist / broadcasting majors in college, with slightly more access / sources than most of the people who call in to their shows to worship them.

I hate that the Sports Animal doesn't have a relatively anonymous chatroom feed that goes throughout the show, like Basilio. In fact, they should allow people to ask questions via that feed, like Tony sometimes takes one from.

16. CardinalVol

Lots of hate there Tenny............

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Intolerant even, IMO

18. CardinalVol

After about a dozen beers to many one night, I called them to tell them I needed to be reunited with my loved ones. Was promptly hung up on.

19. CardinalVol

After about a dozen beers to many one night, I called them to tell them I needed to be reunited with my loved ones. Was promptly hung up on.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

At least they bring him on when they're up against a break so they can cut him off if needed.